Honda Grom banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Curious to know if anyone is running a stock airbox on a Neo head, if so how well does it fit?
I have the larger Koso / Takegawa tube and a 34mm TB.

·
Registered
151 Posts
The head is slightly longer then stock so im not 100% if the intake port is moved or still in the same location. If your spending the money on a neo, Spend the $150 for a proper intake setup...lol. Silly not to. Stock airbox is very restrictive.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's why I'm asking, intake port is moved about 7mm to the front of the bike, so connection to the TB and the lower support for the airbox move in the same direction. Lower support I can make something that would fit I guess but I'm not sure the tube can be bent that much.
It's not a money thing regarding the use of the stock airbox, it's noise related. We're not allowed to modify a vehicle in any way, they will tolerate an exhaust or intake mod if it's not too loud but BBK is a no go. So I try to keep it low profile, that's why I use a quiet exhaust and the airbox, plus I don't care for noise, it only saves pedestrians lives :LOL:
I tried the Chimera intake on a 125 it's very loud, tried it on a Takegawa 4 valve way too loud.
As for it being restrictive I am using the bigger inlet / outlet tubes and I honestly didn't see any difference on the 125 between it and the Chimera. Might make a difference on a 181 but it's not worth it to me.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you think the Chimera is loud and you fear of getting in trouble..I would suggest not modifying your grom in any way because that intake is not loud at all for anyone to even notice its modified unless they also own a grom lol.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Slap a filter on the throttle and put an oil cooler where the air box was. Get it done now, before Summer arrives.

If you're dead-set on running the air box with Koso tubes - yes, it will fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts