Honda Grom banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, a guy is wanting to trade his Miata for my svt focus. Seems fair enough to me, but I wanted to hear from some people that might have owned miatas before and see what they had to say about them. My focus is a 2004 svt with 145,000 miles. The Miata is a 1999 with 85,000 miles. I'll post pictures for both in a few minutes.

·
Registered
677 Posts
DO IT. mitatas seem to hold value reasonably well.... fords on the other hand...........

·
Registered
677 Posts
ah. idk. i have a soft spot for miata's. haha

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, looks like the general consensus is miata. Lol. Gives me an excuse not to drive my friends around.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, when I end up with this miata is there anyone in the Kentucky area with some painting skills?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Love Miatas, go for it! I just got a new Tundra but will move it to our 3rd vehicle next year and get a Miata... Fell in love with them when I used to AutoX.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I don't know your experience with buying and selling so please don't take offense... I have bought over 50 bikes and 35 or so cars/trucks in my short 39 years... My recommendation is to visit a garage for an inspection before any trade, then if you proceed you can pay a local car dealership a small fee to perform all paperwork to ensure its all legit. I have had some friends who have been burned before and to untangle things after the fact isn't easy.

:)

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No offense taken. I know that last post sounded a little eager. But I've had about 10 vehicles now. I have a pretty healthy knowledge of automobiles, and what I don't know I research. I called the DMV to discuss paperwork already and know exactly what I need from him.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Miata's rock for track OR stance duty. sick little cars. Good lil fun daily drivers too (less you need cargo room)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts