Honda Grom banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Monkey in Colorado that had everything done to it, including tuning and it was perfect.

I moved out of Denver and now I'm at sea level in California and it's being weird.

It's got....

Yoshimura pipe
Aracer Mini 5 ECU
Kitaco 181cc kit and throttle body

I might just not know how to use the Aracer app, but I've been hoping autotune would take care of this.

It sputters a lot around 50% throttle and 7000 rpm. Sputters a bit at very little throttle at any rpm. Everything else seems fine.

Do I need to run 91 octane in it?

Am I missing something with the Aracer app?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,490 Posts
Probably cheap cali gas, i would run the highest octane you can find. It might help to pull some timing out of it, at least until you can make sure it isn't detonation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought a Monkey in Colorado that had everything done to it, including tuning and it was perfect.

I moved out of Denver and now I'm at sea level in California and it's being weird.

It's got....

Yoshimura pipe
Aracer Mini 5 ECU
Kitaco 181cc kit and throttle body

I might just not know how to use the Aracer app, but I've been hoping autotune would take care of this.

It sputters a lot around 50% throttle and 7000 rpm. Sputters a bit at very little throttle at any rpm. Everything else seems fine.

Do I need to run 91 octane in it?

Am I missing something with the Aracer app?
perhaps this thread helps?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
perhaps this thread helps?

Thanks for the link. Problem with that one is that my ECU is aftermarket and needs different tuning, but it does have an auto tune feature. I guess I'll just keep that thing on and hope it does its job.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts