Honda Grom banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been riding Yamahas for nearly 15 years (R6/R1/XSR900) but I don't necessarily know a lot about performance mods.
I recently purchased a 2020 Grom and have made the following performance upgrades.
-TOCE undertail exhaust
-TOCE intake
-14t front sprocket (debating increasing rear one tooth)
-Sent my ECU out to a guy to tune the air/fuel ratio due to adding intake/exhaust

I now want to purchase the DCR cam/springs

My questions are:
1) Should I purchase a better Fuel Injector?
2) Should I purchase a Power Commander?
3) IF I do get power commander, does it matter that my stock ECU has already been flashed?
4) Any other suggestions?

My ultimate goal is it gain some more power top end since it boggs down a lot in mid-high RPM's but, NOT loose much torque. This is why I thought I could also upgrade to a larger rear sprocket.I know there are a lot of smart people in here and I am just looking for advice. Thank you.

·
Registered
906 Posts
My questions are:
1) Should I purchase a better Fuel Injector? NO! stock bore stock injector
2) Should I purchase a Power Commander? NO! not if you can help it, aRacer is what most switch to after dealing with DJ products
3) IF I do get power commander, does it matter that my stock ECU has already been flashed? According to CJR website you can use his flash with PCV

·
Registered
839 Posts
I'm the only happy with PCV ? :poop:

It does his filthy job = forgetting about injection forevah ! :geek:

Anyway if you put a "wide banded system" you will get your torque... especially the 3rd gear from mid to limiter...

don't waste time with rear sprocket... bigger one plus thin tires are bike's speed's death...

but for its cost do it anyway 😂

1 - 4 of 4 Posts