Honda Grom banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
David, mine doesn’t have the hanger either. No issues yet but maybe I’ll weld on a bracket to prevent any.

Did you get yours prior to the “street” version being offered? I got mine quite a while ago, must have been revisions since then.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'm looking for a second hand Leovinci can, the e-marked one. Once I get it I think I'll install it and have a bracket welded.

No I ordered mine through a vendor with the street can and with no O2 bung as I don't like where it's welded. I wanted to weld it under the engine or behind the rear set like I did on my Takegawa exhaust, I think the O2 sensor is an ugly contraption... lol
The exhaust was delivered with the race can and the O2 bung already welded, both vendor and RPM were not prepared to pay for shipping back so I decided to keep it and try to quiet it down, which kind of worked but it's still loud.

·
Registered
789 Posts
You're getting the titanium system? Its listed at like $700!! The great thing about titanium is the header won't turn all brown and dingy looking like all the stainless steel systems I've seen so far.
The Yoshi pipes turn a sweet brown color. Not everybody's thing, but they don't look like dog pewp or anything. LOL

Sweet thing about titanium is light weight!

yea, I'm wanting to po ull the trigger on the Arkapovic but if I'm able to get my preorder in with Yoshimura r&d site for the new R77 I'll be going into that direction. I'll be getting either one but looks like I'm more likely be getting the Arkapovic full system. I wanna do exhuast & intank prod the carbon intank. and switch out the stock oil spinner for the oil filter insert system. and get a power commander 5 Turner. switch out the yellow fender for a carbon fiber frontend and get the carbon fiber rear also. replace the front blinkers for the tst lights and do the integrated fender kit as well. I'd like to do a 300 engine swap but more then likely jus do the exhaust, intank, oil spinner swap out and then get a 2018 R6 the white volt yellow wheels. I jus gotta get this exhaust cause my grom stock too quite and jus awful sounding lol
Go with the Akrapovic. Lighter, sounds awesome from what I've heard on YouTube, and you'll be different. Not many people have this exhaust because it's so expensive.

Instead of the PC5 you may want to checkout the Power Vision 3. Not much more money, but it's Dynojet's new tuner.

EDIT: One thing I wanted to add is that some exhausts have O2 sensor bungs and others do not. Something to consider. Some people will never use a wideband O2 sensor while others do.

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've never seen an Akrapovic exhaust on a Grom. The closest thing is a titanium Over Racing exhaust system...it looks amazing.
The Over ti exhausts are the only ones I’d consider ditching my RPM for... not sure how well they flow though (honestly haven’t REALLY tried to find those details on them). Some open up at the head which is promising.

·
Banned
714 Posts
I have an akrapovic on mine. It's fantastic. The nice thing is it has a 1.5" inlet so it worked perfectly with my 300

Have had them on my last 3 or 4 bikes. Will have them on my next ones as well.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have an akrapovic on mine. It's fantastic. The nice thing is it has a 1.5" inlet so it worked perfectly with my 300

Have had them on my last 3 or 4 bikes. Will have them on my next ones as well.
is it loud with the baffle on your grom? and does it have a O2 senor bung on it? yea I think I am going to go with the Akrapovic. I had a kx250f with a pro circuit Ti 5 titanium system on it and it stayed clean like new. I've listen to a bunch of other groms with them on and they sounded nice AF with the baffle out

·
Banned
714 Posts
when i had the 125 i rode without the baffle. it made some noise but it was pure, not raspy, not hollow. a nice sounding pipe. with the insert installed it made not much more noise than stock. that was with the akrapovic ti header as well. it doesn't have an o2 bung on it.

now with the 300 it's very very loud with the insert out, and just right with the insert in. i have a full 1.5" ti header in front of it as well.

·
Registered
789 Posts
when i had the 125 i rode without the baffle. it made some noise but it was pure, not raspy, not hollow. a nice sounding pipe. with the insert installed it made not much more noise than stock. that was with the akrapovic ti header as well. it doesn't have an o2 bung on it.

now with the 300 it's very very loud with the insert out, and just right with the insert in. i have a full 1.5" ti header in front of it as well.
The Akrapovic is an interesting pipe. The header looks small diameter and then quickly gets much larger near the can. It's also relatively short How did it effect power on the stock bore?

·
Banned
714 Posts
I don't know. I had the slip on forever. The header wasn't some eye opening thing. But the stock bore is such a slug I'm not sure you'd ever have a night and day feeling.

Exhausts are a hell of a placebo

·
Registered
787 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
What I got in the past 4 years of following bike's int'l world is that most foreign owners (especially USA ones) mediumly can't differ genuine brand street legal products than cheap but maybe decent but street illegal stuff than 360° Chinese fake crap .... I think this happens due to total absence of police controls.. In Europe for an illegal muffler (any tyga, hindle, Yoshimura etc) you risk to say bye bye to you vehicle.. Plus hundreds euros in ticket.. Not fun. This reign of terror will push you to study the argument perfectly to avoid to cry for your own faults.. Anyway I've readen all specs for most common systems.. They indicate the displacement what the exhaust fits.. Akrapovic does totally legal products so it obviously research them for stock displacements... I buyed a gpr because I'd know that they build systems with same tubes and mufflers of full size bikes... Maybe they're quite ugly... With steel bulk look but I frankly don't care about this but the performance within road legality.. I didn't change it for its bare look....

Hey I remember there was an old topic about header sizes.. Try to find it it's plenty of good measurements, pics and tips it's probably buried in the forum.

And read all exhaustes data sheets.. I'm totally sure just about akrapovic and Yoshimura where they write those are stock displacement engines...

If I didn't buy the gpr I had probably buy a wide decent legal muffler but with a bigger header, maybe that one Brock performance were selling 3 years ago...

Too much products availability generates confusion.. Buying grom parts is like walking in a minefield.. Beware of mines

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1A utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
787 Posts
What I got in the past 4 years of following bike's int'l world is that most foreign owners (especially USA ones) mediumly can't differ genuine brand street legal products than cheap but maybe decent but street illegal stuff than 360° Chinese fake crap .... I think this happens due to total absence of police controls.. In Europe for an illegal muffler (any tyga, hindle, Yoshimura etc) you risk to say bye bye to you vehicle.. Plus hundreds euros in ticket.. Not fun. This reign of terror will push you to study the argument perfectly to avoid to cry for your own faults.. Anyway I've readen all specs for most common systems.. They indicate the displacement what the exhaust fits.. Akrapovic does totally legal products so it obviously research them for stock displacements... I buyed a gpr because I'd know that they build systems with same tubes and mufflers of full size bikes... Maybe they're quite ugly... With steel bulk look but I frankly don't care about this but the performance within road legality.. I didn't change it for its bare look....

Hey I remember there was an old topic about header sizes.. Try to find it it's plenty of good measurements, pics and tips it's probably buried in the forum.

And read all exhaustes data sheets.. I'm totally sure just about akrapovic and Yoshimura where they write those are stock displacement engines...

If I didn't buy the gpr I had probably buy a wide decent legal muffler but with a bigger header, maybe that one Brock performance were selling 3 years ago...

Too much products availability generates confusion.. Buying grom parts is like walking in a minefield.. Beware of mines

My IXIL is legal in Europe. It has an "E9" stamp on it.

IMG_1164.JPG

·
Registered
787 Posts
I have a ixil on my 2017 and it may not save my life but I will be heard when passing or splitting lanes. I love it‼
I drilled out all the rivets, cut off the inner screens and ported the baffles on my IXIL and it sets off car alarms. :playful:

IMG_1132.JPG

I love mine too. :) It has a smooth "two cylinder" sound because the twin baffles were deliberately staggered in the tubes so that the split sound wave hits them at different times producing two different sounds slightly out of phase. This is a unique feature I have not seen in any other exhaust.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks for the help... I ended up going with Akrapovic exhuast & TST Fender Eliminator Kit Smoke Taillight & Flush Turn Signals Up Front. I will post pics of it once I get it all installed on. Next step after I get this stuff installed. I wanna do the intank and Power Commander with the stiffer clutch setup and swap out the spin oil thing for a cartridge filter. Then I'm going to buy a 2017 R6 when my wife learns how to ride the grom.

·
Registered
785 Posts
With crappy exhaust i mean those 70€ Chinese brands clones, that seems has large market due to being cheap.. By the way I consider Akrapovic the top of exhaust systems.. For materials and look, it's basically the apple product of road legal exhaustes... They're perfect. But sometimes, someone wants something different...when I was 15 I had a Proma exhaust for my italjet formula 50 scooter.. Header muffler joint did totally leak.. , big regret, I felt scammed

21 - 40 of 59 Posts