Honda Grom banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 19 monkey with a rs3 yoshi slip on and a mnnthbx intake. I figured next step is, a whole new performance Ecu? Or just a ref lash? What are you guys doing and what do you think the best way to go would be to gain more top end or power all around. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
It really just depends on what next mods you have planned. Flashing the ECU is easy enough (a lot of people like the CJR flash, I had used the DHM). You could also just grab a Bazzaz EFi and put a map on there. The Bazzaz lets you keep everything else stock while letting you tweak things. The flashes are great because they’ll tweak your rev limiter and a little bit of the timing to make everything perform a little better.

If you plan on really modding, then you should look towards the aRacer options.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay thanks for the info man I apreciate it, I do plan on slapping a big bore and other good stuff in it in the future so maybe my best option is looking into a racer, are there a specific one I should look into or is it all tunable on one no matter what I do in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
Most people seem to be going with the Mini and getting exactly what they need. I have the Super RC2 which is likely overkill.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Not to high jack but I have the Chimera intake and getting the Takegawa SP that looks stock do you think a flash would be good? For my truck I use the SCT Livewire touch screen programmer. Is there something like that with a handheld that allows customization? I also might be doing a sprocket swap and would like to update the speedometer to keep it correct. Who do you guys go to for custom tunes? My goal is long term reliability without getting too crazy on upgrades.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,481 Posts
Cameron Jones Racing for the custom tunes, but you will still need a speedo healer for the sprocket change.
Www.cameronjonesracing.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts