Honda Grom banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m a newbie here. I just bought a used 2018 Grom and they have vees rubber tires. Ive been reading a lot on different posts that they suck and today i almost wiped out and I wasn’t going fast at all around a corner. I’m a simple commuter, nothing fancy, I dont do tricks or wheelies I just joy ride. Can someone advise me on safe quality tires. Thanks.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I like the Michelin Power Pure SC tires. It is a dual compound tire. The center is a bit harder for wear resistance and the outer sections of tread are softer for more bite. The front and rear use slightly different compounds. They come in a couple of different load ratings I believe.

Yeah, the Vee Rubber tires don’t have too many fans around here. The IRC tires are usually considered to be better. My 2018 came with the IRC tires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I’m a newbie here. I just bought a used 2018 Grom and they have vees rubber tires. Ive been reading a lot on different posts that they suck and today i almost wiped out and I wasn’t going fast at all around a corner. I’m a simple commuter, nothing fancy, I dont do tricks or wheelies I just joy ride. Can someone advise me on safe quality tires. Thanks.
i just put on michelin's pp i'll let you know in some days how well they perform!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the Michelin Power Pure SC tires. It is a dual compound tire. The center is a bit harder for wear resistance and the outer sections of tread are softer for more bite. The front and rear use slightly different compounds. They come in a couple of different load ratings I believe.

Yeah, the Vee Rubber tires don’t have too many fans around here. The IRC tires are usually considered to be better. My 2018 came with the IRC tires.
[/QUOTE
Do you notice any difference on top end speed as well and what psi do you have on the tires. I’m never quite sure on that. Also do you have 140 in the back and 120s in the front?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are you gonna do 140 in the back and 120 in the front?
no, i remain on the standard 120/130 because in Italy if you change the tire with a different value then the one written on the paper you may run into some legality issues

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kenda Kwik KD1. They are super sticky and make the Grom feel like a completely different bike. Basically feel like the Dunlop’s for half the price.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got the pirelli diablos and theyre way stickier than stock. Stock i can slide the rear without really even getting on the brake as i am 200+ lb. pirelli i have to try to slide it

·
Registered
15 Posts
What kind of lifespan do the Kendas have?
I bought my used Grom at 5k miles with the Kenda K761 on it. Not sure how many miles were on the tires before I got it but rode them for roughly 2,000 more miles. They held up phenomenally, but got a deal on the KD1s from The Ruck Shop for a set for $80 so decided to try them. I only rode them for about 1,000 miles before I sold that Grom so can’t really say for longtime use but up until that point they still had plenty of life left. Definitely going to get another set for the next Grom I pick up

·
Vendor
1,879 Posts
We've had great luck using, and great customer feedback using every tire mention here. You won't go wrong with the Pilot Pure, Kenda, or Diablo. All a huge step above the OEM tire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts