Honda Grom banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 honda groms. 1 i am keeping stock for friends/family to ride and use for comparison. the other 1 i have a full yosh pipe and removed little airbox snorkel. I am looking to do a top end kit. I want it to be fast and fun, but it is very important to me that it stays reliable. has anyone had luck with a nice clean big bore top end kit? any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
456 Posts
With reliability as a goal, I decided to go with the Kitaco 133 BBK, Kitaco type 1 cam and head porting. This combination will require cutting valve pockets on the piston to provide a safe valve clearance.

·
Registered
456 Posts
The most reliable option would be, intake, exhaust, mid-range cam, fuel controller and stock gears. However, you will need to cut some valve relief in the stock piston.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I would go with Brian's 170cc kit with the finbro cam and power commander. The 170cc kit list designed for the combination of performance and reliability. Email him at [email protected] he is old school and doesn't have a website.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm wondering the same thing. What about a 143cc kit?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Seems like any mods are only reliable with the right AF, so whatever you do needs an autotune or a good session on the dyno.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts