Honda Grom banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been absent the last few weeks from the board, uh, "hiking the Appalachian trail." I thought I could successfully sneak home a Yamaha WR250R supermoto, but my wife caught me. She said there can be only one.

Grom or WR250R.

Ugh.

It pains me to admit to all you guys that I chose the WR250R. As my only motorcycle, the Grom just isn't versatile enough for everything I want to do on two wheels. I've been going on a lot of long rides and even found a few dirt roads. The WR250R loves dirt (even more when I swap on the dual sport rims/tires), tolerates the freeway (can actually pass cars), is track ready (full sliders already installed) and it absolutely devours bumpy back roads (bonus: the seat doesn't punish me). I definitely plan on getting a Grom again in the future once more parts and people get involved. I want to see a real big bore kit, some quality rear sets and some workable suspension mods that don't break the bank. I feel like I simply caught this wave a bit too early. It's going to be a blast racing if enough people get into it.

I was able to swap pretty much straight across for the WR250R so it was a hard deal to pass up. Here is a pic of it out on my new favorite road (includes 5 stream crossings!):

Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Road Adventure

· Registered
3,802 Posts
The minimum number of motorcycles a person should own is two. However the correct number of motorcycles a person should own is exactly one more than they currently own.

I think you made a good choice on which bike to keep.

Not sure you made a good choice on which woman to marry. LOL I have six bikes at the moment and no heat at all from my wife. She is awesome.

Enjoy that WR.

· Registered
257 Posts
The Grom is my second bike. It would never be my one and only. As rkwfxd above stated, I get no heat at all from my wife.

You made a good choice with your limiting circumstances.

· Registered
3,802 Posts
If you're single, you can have all the motorcycles, guns, airplanes and cars you want. :smile:
Six bikes built jeep rv speed boat two trucks plus a Tahoe custom vw bug safe full of guns......

Marriage hasn't hurt me much. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using HondaGrom.net

· Registered
1,055 Posts
Get a new wife lol j/k my wife bought me my 2012 CBR1k at one point my garage had 7 bikes now its only have 5 lol she didn't complain when I brought home the grom and new bagger the following week.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.