Honda Grom banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
is there 4 screws that hold the stock mud guard? jus asking cause i was looking at these pics of the r&g one. a dimension of that would be soopeer awesome of you... ;)

sorry just getting antsy, i wanna make stuff already!!!! lol
Yep there are 4 bolts holding all the rear on, from memory 135mm rings a bell. I thought I had posted a pic somewhere of the original tail piece, can measure it up tomorrow if you want.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I don't know, i designed mine myself looking at the bike and the stock tailpiece... lol! I didn't even know they had one (never heard of them actually, but they seem to have some neat stuff... lol!) ... but looking at their picture there, i see some definite differences (i don't 'force' you to buy a new plate light and mini blinkers if you don't want to for one if you don't want to... haha!)

My "with" license plate mount version is designed to use all of the OEM components, and looks as close to an OEM setup as possible... also, mine is super durable, stainless steel so that there won't be any rusting anytime soon, nor flimsy-ness that aluminum could possibly have... also they will be powder-coated a nice matte black so they blend in tastefully. Its actually the first thing i designed a couple weeks ago upon having the MSX/Grom here :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Keep us updated for sure! I'll buy the quality product over saving a couple dimes any day!

Never heard of the R&G either but their "crash savers" are a good idea, something like that on your drawing board?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I don't know, i designed mine myself looking at the bike and the stock tailpiece... lol! I didn't even know they had one (never heard of them actually, but they seem to have some neat stuff... lol!) ... but looking at their picture there, i see some definite differences (i don't 'force' you to buy a new plate light and mini blinkers if you don't want to for one if you don't want to... haha!)

My "with" license plate mount version is designed to use all of the OEM components, and looks as close to an OEM setup as possible... also, mine is super durable, stainless steel so that there won't be any rusting anytime soon, nor flimsy-ness that aluminum could possibly have... also they will be powder-coated a nice matte black so they blend in tastefully. Its actually the first thing i designed a couple weeks ago upon having the MSX/Grom here :)
LOL which leads me back to your post on your clip-ons, the first thing you showed us. I said they were cool but were not what I expected as a first product. Apparently they weren't. :big smile: Can't wait to see your Tail Tiddy.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Keep us updated for sure! I'll buy the quality product over saving a couple dimes any day!

Never heard of the R&G either but their "crash savers" are a good idea, something like that on your drawing board?
they been around for awhile, first saw thier stuff on ebay couple years ago. but i like their simple add on/stick on stuff crash savers. simply cause it jus makes so much sense, cause in majority of crashes the slider takes the blunt of the hit. and everything else gets a slight rash, like the corners of the tail and tank. never got around to ordering them tho. their tail and tank saver been on my wish list forever and the radiator protector for my 12' 1000rr.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Yep there are 4 bolts holding all the rear on, from memory 135mm rings a bell. I thought I had posted a pic somewhere of the original tail piece, can measure it up tomorrow if you want.
its on pg 2. yours only show the 2 hols to mount an 2 for plate correct? i was just thinking of using all 4 holes.

·
Registered
942 Posts
not promoting or hating jus correcting... ;)

"Compatible with either the OEM indicators or our own micro indicators (RG370 / RG371)."

so i assume you don't have to buy their light.

·
Registered
294 Posts
rkwfxd: well, the clip-ons are the only thing that couldn't easily be removed is all, so i left them there ;)

fashion: No worries! Its ok to point stuff out, i don't view it as 'promoting or hating'... doesn't bother me one bit... :) As for the indicators there, i was thinking more of that lic plate light, not necessarily the indicators, since that is just a simple hole and could mount any indicator... but the lic plate light on the Grom is a bit larger than theirs they show in that pic... but i don't know, i've only just now seen that same picture you see there... maybe the oem one will fit it to? I DO know that even if the light fit, the rubber gasket in the rear wouldn't sit right, because their bracket doesn't look wide enough right in that area...

But we'll see. I had a slight revision to do with my test piece, and i should have the final version back in my hands this week... so once i have it and consider it 'final', i'll post up a pic of it for y'all...

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
This actually would be an item that I might buy before I even have my Grom. I'm looking forward to see what John comes up with.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts