Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
msx 011.jpg

Got rid of all this

msx 010.jpg

Now have this fitted.

msx 012.jpg msx 013.jpg

The number plate lights are led's the fixings are the lights, just waiting for my indicators to arrive, then job done.
I have a pattern i could scan if anybody is interested, I made the tail tidy from aluminium and painted it with plasticote

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Ok found it, sorry its looking a bit scabby its been in my work trousers, but hopefully you can get the idea from it, the blue lines are where I folded it, The bottom part can be adjusted to suit your licence plate size, I folded it there also for my indicators.
hope it all makes sense to you.

msx.jpg
damm hold on, you need microscope to see it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
with a hacksaw
Sorry that sounded a bit short, a visitor turned up here while I was typing. I carefully cut the long cuts with a hacksaw, A rough cut on the little curves, I used a 25 tfi blade, then filed it all and got rid of any burrs that were left with fine wet and dry. Bent it to shape required and painted.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Sorry that sounded a bit short, a visitor turned up here while I was typing. I carefully cut the long cuts with a hacksaw, A rough cut on the little curves, I used a 25 tfi blade, then filed it all and got rid of any burrs that were left with fine wet and dry. Bent it to shape required and painted.
just curious, i'm glad i have access to a water jet machine.... ;)

even tho, i still do hack jobs when i'm at home too. only with aluminum tho... butter compared to steel..

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Wow, I tried to enlarge it on my computer and I tried to print it out. Still WAY too small to read anything on it. BUT! by looking at your prints and your description I can see exactly what I need to do to make my own. Mine will be a bit different, just because, but this is very helpful. Thanks Bikejunkie.:encouragement:

·
Registered
942 Posts
is there 4 screws that hold the stock mud guard? jus asking cause i was looking at these pics of the r&g one. a dimension of that would be soopeer awesome of you... ;)

sorry just getting antsy, i wanna make stuff already!!!! lol

·
Registered
530 Posts
DAMN METRIC SYSTEM (it's better than ours however) lol ... looks clean man! I'm gonna use yours as a base! Thanks for the share!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts