Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, despite having a deposit in place for a couple of months now (or around there, feels like longer) - I decided to call about 20 dealerships in a 500 mile radius of me today. About 6 of those were Powerhouse Level 5 dealers. The news: Bad. For me at least.. good for Honda.

Only 1 dealership has received units. They got 3 in, all 3 were spoken for before hand and 2 have already been picked up. They have deposits on the next batch as well.

About 4 dealerships were expecting units this month. 3 of those dealerships, every unit was spoken for... and then some. One dealership had a list of deposits 20 long. The remaining dealership said they were expecting a minimum of 2 and that 1 was spoken for. I asked him to call me as soon as they arrive and that I'll take the other one if no one else has. I didn't want to slap down 2 deposits when he couldn't guarantee me when they come in.

About 2 dealerships didn't know anything about Groms (granted, we are out of the Powerhouse level now).

The rest of the dealerships didn't have any concrete info on arrival, just that this thing is a "Unicorn" as one sales guy called it. Lots of interest, lots of calls, lots of deposits and not a lot of units.

So for those of you out there who are lucky and have them, congratulations. For those of you who can still get a deposit down and be #1 or #2 on the list, I think you've got a good shot at getting it soon. Beyond that and its a real crapshoot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just put money down on a black one that should be in by Sept 1. The dealer stated that the ship date is Aug 22, Cant freakin wait. I have around 20 bikes, zb's, z's, xl's, vintage, enduro, scooters, and etc., but I have never bought a new bike in my life!! That changed last night when I found out about the GROM!! Damn kids, I am out of it lately!

·
Registered
674 Posts
I'll put mine on there for 6000 tat seems fair, when is the last time you saw a unicorn sell for 6000, come on that's a deal its a darn bargain.
Hahah, that is a bargain!
I wonder what it would cost(and how long it would take) to ship a whole eu bike to the us and get it on the road there..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts