Honda Grom banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've finally gotten around to uploading a few of the PCV maps I have for various setups. You can access them from the Google Drive link below. Descriptions on the titles are vague but there's more info in the description box once you have the map opened.

Basic Info:

If there is no injector listed, it's for the stock injector.
I run 93 or better, if you have anything less than 93, you should probably turn down the timing. I also only use fuel from a jug that I've pumped. My car takes 93 so I fill my car and then fill the jug, that way I don't run the risk of getting any 87 that's in the fuel station line that might end up in your tank if you pump directly in to your tank. Our tanks are tiny.
The full e85 tunes are source from stations with a minimum e70 content.
Many of the maps are set up gear by gear. If you haven't set yours up like that it will run off of the gear 1 map.

The 147e85timing maps has the most miles on it and has won me an AMA Grom class championship.

**Use at your own risk. If your engine blows, don't blame me but please post pics anyways. I do have a bunch of other maps but sometimes I get lazy and a bunch of them need the descriptions edited. If you have a request for something not close to what I have posted PM me and if I have something that might work I'll send it over. The only 4v map is for the 186 kit but I'm building another 170 4v motor now so I'll post that map once it's finalized.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzow8TGMGzfdRmdleDFyeEdLZjA

Info on the gear by gear PCV setup is post #6 here: http://www.hondagrom.net/forums/13-grom-performance/6114-speed-input-gear-position-pcv-wb2.html

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
the timing is pretty agressive on the 4v map. is that also on 93 or ethanol?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an update to things I've been trying with the PCV/WB2.

Using the large 10-hole injector, and RPM below 6k if I were to give it a quick stab to ~60-80% throttle the bike would go full rich for a second before the WB2 would correct it. Since my WB2 is targeting 13.5, I've gone ahead and inputted 13.5 in to the part throttle cells between 20 and 60% tps at an RPM range from 2,000 to 5750rpm. I also started with a value of (-25) in each cell. I did this for all four gears and so far the autotune is making changes, and that rich dip has improved quite a bit. The ECU will fight to correct values below 80% TPS (closed loop) but if my target AFR in the autotune is the same as the WB2 low voltage target, in theory this should only help it be more consistent IF the order of operations starts with the PCV value and not the low voltage signal.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
activ3, are you using 13.5 as your target on the WB2 because that's what the default setting is, or because that's what you want? I have mine set at 13.2 and I've never had an issue with a dip like you're talking about. I also don't have a 4V monster that'll do 100 like you do, so there's that...

Just curious.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
its funny, mine used to do that, took a while to learn but it eventually smoothed out. the thing is it needs the time to see the value, then correct it and then write it. your way def seems to take some of the time out of the process.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its funny, mine used to do that, took a while to learn but it eventually smoothed out. the thing is it needs the time to see the value, then correct it and then write it. your way def seems to take some of the time out of the process.
Yeah I only have about 150 miles on it so far, most of which have been at WOT. Glad to hear that it'll eventually clear up!

activ3, are you using 13.5 as your target on the WB2 because that's what the default setting is, or because that's what you want? I have mine set at 13.2 and I've never had an issue with a dip like you're talking about. I also don't have a 4V monster that'll do 100 like you do, so there's that...

Just curious.
My low voltage is set to 13.5, to be honest if I had an LCD to change it I'd probably set it closer to 14 for cruising/light throttle. I never had this dip on my other setups but this is the first time I'm running the 10-hole injector and with the power band being so far to the right with the 4v kit the bike doesn't require much fuel below 6k rpm at all.

·
Registered
865 Posts
So....this question may reflect my own lack of understanding, but I was wondering if the PCV was likely to result in any performance enhancements on an otherwise-stock Grom? It seems to me that the PCV is one of those things that people tend to add when they are also doing other mods to the bike (exhaust, intake, etc)....but I was curious if the PCV enhanced performance on its own? I am particularly interested in knowing if the PCV added any power at WOT settings?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
My low voltage is set to 13.5, to be honest if I had an LCD to change it I'd probably set it closer to 14 for cruising/light throttle. I never had this dip on my other setups but this is the first time I'm running the 10-hole injector and with the power band being so far to the right with the 4v kit the bike doesn't require much fuel below 6k rpm at all.
You can do it with the C3 software

http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/Support-Released/Software/dynojet_power_core_setup_v1.10.6275.16855.exe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys,
First time poster and apologies if this question has been asked a lot before on older posts but can anyone help me with a PCV map to suite:

Zoom Loop Exhaust
Chimera Intake
TB Camshaft
Kitaco High Comp Piston 12.2:1 (Stock Bore Size)
o2 Sensor Unplugged and Earthed out
Stock Injector
Running on 98 Octane fuel

Also is it better to run the speed sensor wire to the PCV and calibrate gears or just leave it as is?

Cheers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts