Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got some modest plans for my Grombelina so this is just for my documentation really.

I got the bike on 21 April from Aurora Honda for a sweet deal of $3092.00 out the door without tax. I'll pay tax later as I'm military and registering out of state.

The bike had 0.2 miles on it when I got it.

As the bike sits today:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The first thing I did was take off the warning stickers, relocated the swing arm stickers under the seat, and tucked the horn. I have a Mnntbx intake and exhaust, bar end mirrors, and an integrated tail light from modtodynamic on order.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put on the motodynamics integrated, sequential tail lights. I dig em. I hope they draw more attention than a normal blinker and I'm sure the quick brake flash will help alert drivers behind me as well...
I also put on the bar end mirrors and it was a PITA getting the bar ends off. I had to use a candle to get the glue to let loose. I thought I was going to have to drill through them.

I also taped up the under tail holes and bolted the temp tag directly to the bottom of the tail.

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I still can't decide if I should pull off the stickers and paint the red caps flat black... hmm. Also, the targa x tail fender eliminater looks pretty good but I can't see myself paying 50 bucks for it though... I'll just get some L brackets and a led tag light.
My exhaust and intake should get here next late next week I hope...

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Looking good, man. Looking forward to seeing what else you do.

I wish I'd haggled on price. I got boned by the dealer. Go you.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
If you take off the stickers and paint the disc black, you'll have no choice but to black out the forks haha.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Today I got my bikemaster superbike bar in from motorcycle superstore and put them on. It was a bit of a pain but I got them installed and they clear for the most part. The wire housing touches but it's soft rubber.

FOr $20 dollar bars (27 shipped) it's not a bad deal. I would recommend them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
So my MNNTHBX exhaust and intake came in today. I got the exhaust installed but didn't have time for the mtake. I'll get to that tomorrow or this weekend...

I haven't been out for a ride yet but I can say I'm impressed with the quality of this exhaust. The welds are very nicely done and the coloring is awesome. It was a very simple install and I'm glad I was able to dump the OEM heavy header and muffler. This thing is light! I should have weighed it. Next time I have it off I will. I plan on doing a wrap on it. I didn't even think the box on my front porch had an exhaust in it.
I did a cold start and it's very loud even with the baffles in. I won't take them out unless it's a track day or a Saturday group ride or something.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
This afternoon I got out of work with a decent amount of daylight left so I went for a ride. My goodness is the exhaust LOUD! I had purchased a little keychain ear plug holder with some ear plugs in anticipation of this loudness. It's still loud. I like it. I took a ride to the local cycle gear shop and did some browsing then came home. On my little 20 mile trip I was asked about the Grom 3 times at different stop lights and little kids were giving me the thumbs up. haha. It's a fun little bike.

Got home and I got the side fairings off and got my the Mtake installed. While I had the fairings off I also removed the charcoal canister. I am going to plastidip the red caps and then I'll button up. I hope I dont miss a screw or anything. I feel like I've removed so much stuff so far.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So far I've removed the following:

OEM muffler and header
airbox
Charcoal canister and associated hoses
fender and rear turn signals
seat strap and side seat brackets
reflectors

That's gotta be a net weight loss of about 20 lbs I bet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey man do you plan to run a fuel controller now that you have the intake and exhaust on? I plan to run that exact setup but im afraid it will make the bike run alot more lean.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'd plan on a fuel controller next. From my understanding the Grom is already running pretty lean stock. I imagine a ecu reset would be required so it doesn't run like doodie. With exhaust and intake the engine needs more than the stock ecu will give.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes, I am doing the PCV and WB2 next... I also need a shroud brace but 20 bucks seems a bit pricey for a stick with threads on the ends haha.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts