Honda Grom banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Oh yeah, those stickers are always the first to go. Rear rack looks really good — might have to look into one myself!

My my second mod was the MNNTHBX seat caps. Also got the Harbor Freight aluminum pit stand and a service manual, and I’ve got swing arm spools and a 14-tooth from sprocket on order. Nothing major planned; I think I’m gonna leave it mostly stock except for the front sprocket. Maybe an intake at some point, but probably not an exhaust cos I like the look of stock and my hearing is already going to crap.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh yeah, those stickers are always the first to go. Rear rack looks really good — might have to look into one myself!

My my second mod was the MNNTHBX seat caps. Also got the Harbor Freight aluminum pit stand and a service manual, and I’ve got swing arm spools and a 14-tooth from sprocket on order. Nothing major planned; I think I’m gonna leave it mostly stock except for the front sprocket. Maybe an intake at some point, but probably not an exhaust cos I like the look of stock and my hearing is already going to crap.
I also ordered the seat caps and and am waiting for them to arrive. So many cool things you can buy for this bike.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I also ordered the seat caps and and am waiting for them to arrive. So many cool things you can buy for this bike.
Really! I had a Valkyrie and a CTX1300 before this, and the two of them combined didn’t have as many aftermarket goodies as the Monkey, and it’s only been out for a year. Crazy how the market works. These little bikes I think are already more popular, plus everything is cheaper cos it’s all so small. I’m not gonna complain!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I installed the seat caps, nice addition, looks good and is functional. I do wish there was a kit to hinge the seat.

I installed Woodcraft axle sliders and the G-Craft spool bobbins, ordered the OEM rear rack. I want the world spec winkers and tail light assembly badly.

I will eventually do a fender eliminator kit on the rear or make my own. I may do a cam with air box mods/ECM mod and exhaust (but want to keep it quiet and OEM looking).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just ordered this rear rack on Amazon. Looks just like OEM, only black instead of chrome, which I kinda like. All very positive reviews. I’ll drop an update once it arrives in a few days.

https://www.amazon.com/Honda-Monkey-Carry-monkey-2018-2019/dp/B07JLGWQQT
Rack delivered and installed. Easy, easy installation -- everything lined up and fit perfectly. The finish is kind of an industrial black, which I'm very happy with. Now I just need to find a bungee net small enough!

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just ordered this rear rack on Amazon. Looks just like OEM, only black instead of chrome, which I kinda like. All very positive reviews. I’ll drop an update once it arrives in a few days.

https://www.amazon.com/Honda-Monkey-Carry-monkey-2018-2019/dp/B07JLGWQQT
Rack delivered and installed. Easy, easy installation -- everything lined up and fit perfectly. The finish is kind of an industrial black, which I'm very happy with. Now I just need to find a bungie net small enough!

Looks great!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts