Honda Grom banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I'm new here.

Been commuting on my Grom for a week or so. So much fun! I found this forum useful when doing the first oil change and figured I'd join.

I dropped the rear sprocket down 1 tooth, because a fair amount of my commute is 50 to 55mph roads. The sprocket hasn't made a huge difference thus far. With both sprockets I seem to need to tuck in at ~52mph in 4th to gain any more speed on level ground.

I learned to ride on a early 80s CB125 which has been parked for a few years from a broken frame. The Grom has certainly reminded me of my first days of riding... so easy going. Here's to hoping it lasts 3 or 4 decades.

·
Registered
2014 Red Grom
65 Posts
Welcome ! The green looks great. From what I've seen on this forum, a popular sprocket combo is 14 front and 35/36 rear. I'm just about to hit 1,000 miles on my Grom. I'll start testing sprocket combos when I feel the engine has loosened up sufficiently. Be safe and have fun.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Grom
30 Posts
Hi All, I'm new here.

Been commuting on my Grom for a week or so. So much fun! I found this forum useful when doing the first oil change and figured I'd join.

I dropped the rear sprocket down 1 tooth, because a fair amount of my commute is 50 to 55mph roads. The sprocket hasn't made a huge difference thus far. With both sprockets I seem to need to tuck in at ~52mph in 4th to gain any more speed on level ground.

I learned to ride on a early 80s CB125 which has been parked for a few years from a broken frame. The Grom has certainly reminded me of my first days of riding... so easy going. Here's to hoping it lasts 3 or 4 decades.

View attachment 89722
have fun. Got the same one n I added some parts to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts