Honda Grom banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when I got my Grom almost a week ago I noticed that I had some vibration at idle but also what could possibly be a wobble at speed. So I decided to try the Dynabeads and see what I got. Here are my results:

Of course at idle I am still getting the same vibration as before which I attribute to the engine.

At 30 MPH I am still getting the same feeling as before, what I would describe as the tire being out of round.

At 50 MPH the ride is smoother than before, so I think the beads have made a difference. It is not silky smooth as I was hoping, but I am sure part of that is the engine vibration.

So there you have my experience with Dynabeads. I think ultimately I am just going to have the rims and tires dynamically balanced whenever I switch tires, but for now, this will do. :blackgrom:

·
Registered
412 Posts
I can't comment on the Dynabeads, never used them
But the symptoms you describe defo need further investigation
Neither mine nor my wife's Grom have these issues from 0 to 60mph.
I would not try to hide the problem with the beads, but try and find the cause of the problem.
Just my opinion of course

Dog

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
If you have a way to yank off the wheels, most shops don't charge just for a balance. If your near a cycle gear they can usually get you in and out quick and use a dynamic balancer.

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have some wobble at all speeds and am going to balance this week. Doubt I'll ever try dynabeads though.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you have a way to yank off the wheels, most shops don't charge just for a balance. If your near a cycle gear they can usually get you in and out quick and use a dynamic balancer.
I actually work at a Honda dealer, but our tire equipment isn't the best. I am going to have to check and see what we have as far as a balancer goes. Unfortunately there is no Cycle Gear around here. I am going to call around tomorrow and see who has a dynamic balancer. I have a motorcycle jack so taking the wheels off isn't a problem.

I have some wobble at all speeds and am going to balance this week. Doubt I'll ever try dynabeads though.

Yeah, I figured I would start with the beads since it was something I could do in the driveway in 10 minutes versus balancing. If it worked then it would be something that everyone on the forum would have access to. But it was a bust.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had never heard of Dyna Beads -- this is what I found: Tire Balancing Products
That's the dynabead website; not very flashy or anything. I've never had any problem with dynabeads. I run them in my beemer's tires on top of the wheel weights because if/when I'm offroad, the beads do change location in the tire when mud sticks in the grooves and doesn't come out when I'm on the road.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ride on tire balancer and sealer is the Bomb, it hydro dynamically balances ,it makes no mess when you dismount it and when you stop at a light it doesn't end up back at the bottom of the tire. Go on line ,hit you tube, there are plenty of people who posted there Own independent results. Once it coats the contact patch it stays in place and as the tire contracts and expands, so does the product. Plus if you pick up a piece of road debris and it punctures a hole in the tire you are gonna make it home and not be stranded on the side of the road. Like I said do your own research,but it had me 2 miles into my ride, it's now in both groms and both rucks.

You tube... Ride on tire sealant

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
please do your self a favor and balance wheels with weights, great...If I read another post about some new fangled sludge or magic pearls that balance wheels Im just not going to post on this forum any more

·
Registered
186 Posts
Dude new products come into the powersports market place everyday , did you even take five minutes to go to you tube. I am running it and it works it's not a placebo effect. When you balance with weights you tires are brand new,as that tire wears it it does not stay in perfect balance. Thus the weight on the tire is working but if you put it on a hydrostatic balancer you would see it would need weight in another spot. This product is constantly adjusting. I don't sell the shit, i just did some research about it when some one told me about it,he was putting it in Marchesini wheels on his 1098 and was in love with the stuff when I asked about his results. I tried it and love it just trying to pass a long my experience

Ps they just broke the land speed record with this product in a Harley Davidson at 238 mph . That was reported in the wall street journal( please look for the article). Ricky Gadson runs it in his drag bike front tire. He came on board with them at the Tucker Rocky dealer show in Tx.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts