Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our OEM rear fender weighs about 7 pounds so it had to go. I have done this on a few bikes its easy, strong, cheap, and looks good. I took off all OEM rear fender parts. Used 2 of the fender mounting bolts. Mounted to the farthest of the rear holes. You will need to find two nuts to fit the fender mounting bolts as you are not using the fender bracket. I cut the L-shape alum. to fit the plate. Drilled my mounting holes for the bracket and plate. Sprayed black to match the bike and your done. As for the turn signals they are in the mail and will be an easy addition. I will show pictures of turn signals when they arrive. They are small LED's the will mount above the plate.

Home Depot - L shape aluminum $10, cut to fit

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered in a LED bolt that is used as the plate light. Not sure if I'm going to install yet. +1 on the extra tab. I have done this with my old 600rr.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Our OEM rear fender weighs about 7 pounds so it had to go. I have done this on a few bikes its easy, strong, cheap, and looks good. I took off all OEM rear fender parts. Used 2 of the fender mounting bolts. Mounted to the farthest of the rear holes. You will need to find two nuts to fit the fender mounting bolts as you are not using the fender bracket. I cut the L-shape alum. to fit the plate. Drilled my mounting holes for the bracket and plate. Sprayed black to match the bike and your done. As for the turn signals they are in the mail and will be an easy addition. I will show pictures of turn signals when they arrive. They are small LED's the will mount above the plate.

Home Depot - L shape aluminum $10, cut to fit

Sweet limitless honda in the back! What year? Is it a 70?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I did this exact mod on my 11' gsxr 750 worked great! However the led bots I have were pretty cheap and the end caps fell off. Just curious how well these are still holding up on the grom?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great diy. I did the same mod and it looks perfect! Mine ended up costing me about $16 because I bought a mini hack saw to cut the 1 x 1/8 L bracket, two m8 x1.25 nuts to fit the bolts and lock washers.

The cut length of the bracket should be about 61/4" to 61/2" depending on how precise you are being.

·
Registered
328 Posts
This is a good mod for a cheap fix! I've done this on a couple bikes also. Here is my take on the same thing for the grom. Works well, gets rid of all the BS hanging off the back of the bike, and will tide me over till I can fork over the $$ for the mnnthbx FE kit.

Photo Aug 12, 7 45 26 PM.jpg Photo Aug 12, 7 48 59 PM.jpg Photo Aug 12, 8 02 19 PM.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts