Honda Grom banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
They should have a recall. That is dangerous. I wonder if there are a bunch of failures we have just never heard about?

Are you sure it’s the oil? Probably just happens to Auburn fans...

You should stop running that Honda oil. Haven’t you learned anything from me? Groms prefer Brawndo! It’s got what Groms crave! It’s got oilectrolytes!

Reactions: Ninelives17

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I'd like to order 3 cases of Brawndo, just send me a paypal invoice! Lol

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
If you want to know what the issue is its the boxers! With the reduced wind drag of briefs there's less stress on the swing arm. I could explain the science behind this but I don't want to bore you guys.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
If you want to know what the issue is its the boxers! With the reduced wind drag of briefs there's less stress on the swing arm. I could explain the science behind this but I don't want to bore you guys.
One could argue that boxers allow the weight to shift, therefore allowing better cornering at a less extreme lean angle! You should try it, just saying......

Reactions: Phoenix

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I decided to purchase a g craft swingarm from "Go Grom". It is just the standard length triple square tubing, bushings not bearings, rivet on chain slider, with fender mount. Not what I want, but 300 dollars cheaper and in stock in the USA.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Go commando! Less weight.

Your swingarm will thank you!

But you swinging arm may protest in certain situations.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
20201202_214509.jpg

At least I've got a spare bike this time around! Lol.

Reactions: Pard and Phoenix

·
Registered
557 Posts
You bought another bike? Is that Hairless’ bike with my old Kepspeed swingarm installed?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Yes, and yes. It is a 2005 FJR1300.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I decided to purchase a g craft swingarm from "Go Grom". It is just the standard length triple square tubing, bushings not bearings, rivet on chain slider, with fender mount. Not what I want, but 300 dollars cheaper and in stock in the USA.
Sounds good. It will be interesting to see how well a G-Craft Swingarm holds up for you. As I’ve said previously, my bike is not a good measure of durability, since I don’t ride anywhere near the amount of miles you do.

Wow, a 1300. Quite the contrast with the Grom. 10x more engine! Looks comfortable.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Believe me, I'll put some miles on the g-craft to see how it holds up. It's gotta be better than the stocker. The big bike is very comfortable, and very fast. Lots of torque so you get effortless acceleration even in fifth gear. It has lots of storage and wind protection, bright headlights, and a 6.6 gallon fuel tank so it is great for commuting to work.
120562858_10224214712543292_7497669382114870885_n.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I was looking for a bigger bike to commute to work. My first bike was a 1987 FZR1000, I was looking for an R1 since it is a newer version of that bike. I stumbled onto this, but since it had the bags and big windscreen it is better suited for commuting to work. It also happens to be fast, very fast. 145HP and 100lb ft of torque. Not quite an R1 but definitely fast enough to get into trouble. I still plan on taking the grom to work occasionally, but mostly for my fun ride during the week.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Swingarm was suppossed to be delivered last Tues, USPS is running behind. It is still in Denver. So I thought I would post a pic to satisfy everyone in the meantime......
20201215_154812.jpg

New Gold Enkei and Brembo

Reactions: grommyk

·
Registered
50 Posts

Just got mine on too. Don't have a front stand so I rigged something precarious to fit it today.

Post relevance: kepspeed is on too... two rides no cracks. No cracks in my stock take off.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Sharp looking bike, how do you like the Corbin seat?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sharp looking bike, how do you like the Corbin seat?
Thanks, its good. I was planning on a seat conceptz, but the price and labor came close to what I thought I was paying for the Corbin. $250 seemed like a good price and then fedex billed me $60 for the label I sent that was quoted at $25.

It's a good seat... probably more sub $300 value. Maybe more for you since you get a lot of seat time.

Swingarm relevant content. I have a ohlins and some larger sprockets. Chain is making a lot of noise on the Kepspeed. Maybe some sag from the ohlins will level out the arm some and the gears will add some distance between the chain and arm. 16/36 should feel like stock.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
20201228_162618.jpg

Swingarm is now 3 weeks late, still in Denver. So I decided to finally install the Ohlins front fork kit.
20201228_154746.jpg

20201228_154751.jpg

I didn't think the fork oil looked too bad for over 12,000 miles. I have set the fork legs up to drain overnight. Hopefully I will finish install tomorrow.

Reactions: Pard

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Finished the install this morning, feels great bouncing it in my yard. Lol. Wish I could take it for a ride.......

41 - 60 of 73 Posts