Honda Grom banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been kind of thinking about picking up a decent, not top of the line but decent, multi-tool for a few months. I wanted something for my key chain and maybe something a bit bigger for my pocket. The other day, riding the Harley, I needed a philips and did not have one on me. That motivated me to pry open my wallet and buy something.

I just picked up a Leatherman Micra for the key chain and Wingman for my pocket. Pretty happy with both and since I have multiple vehicles I am going to order a couple more key chain sized models. I think I am going to go with the Leatherman PS4 in stead of the Micra for those though. It is about the same size and basically I will be trading tweezers for pliers and I could probably use the pliers as tweezers if I needed to. The scissors on the PS4 will be smaller but I don't think it will be an issue. Also, and this is a big plus for the PS4, all the tools except for the spring loaded pliers can be accessed without opening the tool, you just pull out the blade or screw driver as you would on a standard pocket knife.

As for the Wingman - SUPER happy with that choice. Spring loaded pliers, scissors, smooth/serrated knife, couple different sizes of flat head drivers and a philips, file and a package opener that works GREAT. Also has wire cutter and wire stripper and we can not forget the alcoholic beverage accessor (bottle opener and can opener). I am confident this little gem has everything I need in my day to day office life. Some folks like the Sidekick better because it has a wood saw (instead of scissors) that I would never use.

So what do you guys carry and what do you like or dis-like about it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Only tool that I carry all the time is my Kershaw pocket knife. I used to carried small Swiss Army knife but only used knife portion and never really used other tools. Kershaw pocket knife that I carry is very sharp and easy to open. Can't think of any other tools that I need at this point.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I carried a Cold Steel Voyager for a long time. I used the heck out of that knife and it has a broken tip to show for it. But that is because I needed a screwdriver and did not have one.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I carry a Kershaw pocket knife and for fourteen years in the Corps I always carried a Gerber multi-tool. Never had a problem with the Gerber and used it in the desserts of 29 palms to Iraq and Afghanistan.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I carry a Kershaw pocket knife and for fourteen years in the Corps I always carried a Gerber multi-tool. Never had a problem with the Gerber and used it in the desserts of 29 palms to Iraq and Afghanistan.
IMO that says a lot about you and Gerber and it is all positive. Thank you Art.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I carry a Leatherman that has a vicegrip in it.

Ive never had a reason to regret the purchase!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts