Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Since the aftermarket is growing I'am starting to find the pieces that i want on my bike!

I bought new end bar mirrors today.. didn't succeed in mounting them because the screws wont come off... ill look into later! (pics will follow too)
For the exhaust system I'm looking for a good quality single can and shaped like the original(thats what i like the most)

Ive photoshopped an example and im liking it!

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive exhaust

More to follow!

Greetings,

Jannes

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
:happy1:

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm getting bar end mirrors fo sho. Honda typically puts some very good loc-tite on their bar ends, don't strip the head out!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm getting bar end mirrors fo sho. Honda typically puts some very good loc-tite on their bar ends, don't strip the head out!
What do you mean with dont strip the head out? Sorry if that is a noobish question..!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He's talking about the head of the screw that secures the bar end in place. They put loc-tite on the screw so it doesn't vibrate itself out of the threads
Uhu i know but its soo tight that i cant get it off :/ i already damaged the screw..

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He's talking about the head of the screw that secures the bar end in place. They put loc-tite on the screw so it doesn't vibrate itself out of the threads
Im guessing its a way of saying what you are saying that i never heard before, sorry!

·
Registered
19 Posts
striping the head out more than likely means exactly what you did already.. "damaged the screw" trying to break it loose

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
striping the head out more than likely means exactly what you did already.. "damaged the screw" trying to break it loose
Yea, I'm gonna go to my dealers and let em sort it out before i really damage it..

Looks cool. Are you going to remount the stock heat shield? No TidyTail?
Good question, I dont know yet! Im gonna mount the exhaust first then I'm gonna see what i need to do and decide if it needs the heat shield (or maybe put it on when i take my misses on a trip). As for the TidyTail.. not for the moment, need to see the dimentions of the exhaust first so i can get a good looking propper fitting plateholder!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I have an impact driver and it works. I have had to use it on bar ends before. If you go this route use a friend to hold the bike or put it against a wall. Make sure you use the right bit.

I'm not a fan of bar end mirrors.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Alrighty, first few small mods have been completed!

First of all i took of all stickers, looks better without any of those warning signs!
Next thing i did was removing the mirrors and put on an bar end model at the left side! 1 is enough, the mirror itself is way wider then the stock ones so i can see everthing from 1 side!

Very pleased with the result both visually and performance wise! only thing left for today is finding some rubber thingies to close the gaps from where the stock mirrors were (temp solution)

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Supermoto Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories Automotive lighting Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories Automotive lighting

I wanne thank rkwfxd for the tip on how to lose the end cap's because they were stuck pretty hard!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Finding mirror blanking caps are a b*tch! no shop arround town has any.. ill have to keep searching!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Yes the impact driver worked like a charm for me - solo in my garage. I will keep an eye out for the rubber plug thingies.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Button head allen screw would look OK in those spots as well.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts