Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Mounkey 3 weeks ago and things got out of hand very quickly from there. I have no idea what this bike is gonna end up looking like but I think I’m already done. I had planned on buying a used Grom a long time ago but never pulled the trigger. At that time I had ordered a 14t sprocket so I had that sitting in my tool box when I brought the Mounkey home on a Tuesday. On Wednesday my oldest son went and bought a Grom with exhaust, well I couldn’t be slower than him so I slapped the sprocket on. It was all down hill after that. After seeing a photo of MNNTHBX’s Monkey I knew pretty much what I wanted mine to look like so now it was time to order everything. The first thing I ordered was the Supertrapp exhaust from MNNTHBX. While I was waiting for that to come in I was searching eBay and came across a used MNNTHBX intake and bought that. They came in the same day and I opted to put the exhaust on first without the intake.

I rode it with just the exhaust to work for one day and then researched how lean it could run with intake and exhaust and decided f-it how bad could it be? So I came home that day and slapped the intake on.

That’s when it got really out of control. A coworker and I bought our bikes the same day at the same dealership and I am a really bad influence when it comes to doing things. I wanted to order every part from MNNTHBX to make my Mounkey look exactly like their bike. I reached out to them but it seemed everything Composimo makes was out of stock for the Monkey. I didn’t want to keep the stock fender and wanted it to look as close to a cafe racer as I could do what did I do, I ordered MNNTHBX fender delete and tail light.

At the same time I ordered the shifter lever but it’s sitting on my work bench. Since I couldn’t get the Composimo bars and after looking around and seeing no one had installed Clubman bars I took my shot not knowing if they would fit. Well wouldn’t you know they do.

Since everything takes so long to ship from eBay during Coronavirus I started to doing more and more research for companies that make Monkey parts. Well low and behold I come across Mojo Customs. It seems he had all the parts I wanted in stock. So I ordered his stretch kit, drag bars, and from drop kit. Those arrived Friday night but I have had a busy weekend and have not put them on. I have also ordered twin chrome remote reservoir shocks for the rear. I am also waiting on DH Motoring cam and tune to show up. The cafe bars look good and it was definitely what I was going for but I do plan to install the Mojo bars to see if they are anymore comfortable. It’s a 21 mile each way ride to work and I don’t think that is going to cut it. I am sure it will only get more fun with a cam and a tune. I have probably watched every video on the Grom and the Monkey that there is on YouTube. I have two young sons and an older son, we are all having a lot of fun playing with our bikes. It is getting my younger sons into motorcycles and it is getting my older son out in the garage learning. My Father and I used to ride bikes together when I was younger and he has ridden every bike I ever owned, he said my Hayabusa was too fast. Last night he rode the Mounkey and said it was fun. I will have had my Mounkey 3 weeks this Tuesday and have already voided the warranty with only 370 miles. Let’s see where this goes.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My son already doesn’t like riding with me on the way to work since my Mounkey is so much faster than his Grom. He’s gonna be really pissed once I throw the cam and flash in it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

79 dollar eBay shocks on. I can jump on it and not bottom it out. The real test will be on my way to work tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some height back with these when I put the stretch on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Link to eBay for those shocks please

·
Registered
19 Posts
The bars look good (y)
If you’re thinking of going with a Kitaco seat; I’ve got one for sale.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Got the Mojo Customs bars on, they are in a better position that the cafe bars. Hopefully tomorrow I can make time to put the stretch on..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was talking to him about 3 weeks ago and he said he had just gotten them back from the powder coater, I don’t think they are on his site yet.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Theres a guy on one of the fb groups that was able to use the stock line. It is stretched, but he got it to work. Let me see if I can find a pic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks! That looks really tight, I guess if my line doesn’t come in by next weekend I could do that. I really need to ship off my ECU so that they can send it back with the cam so I have that this weekend to do. I need to go faster.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I haven’t put it on yet. I am waiting for the brake line to come in. If I get bored tomorrow I may put it on. I can’t ride it anyway since the ECU isn’t in it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts