Honda Grom banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, for all of us MotoGP enthusiasts & avid followers,

What did you think of Lorenzo's comment ?

.... "Lorenzo: I was better than Rossi in everything"

For Rossi to have come up through the pack & pass almost everyone in the race,

and we know there were more than a few who didn't just move over & let him pass
as if they were down a lap.

But was Lorenzo right in saying what he did ?

We want to know what other MotoGP Fans thought of the last race of 2015 ?

And based on the final results of this last race, was there any validity to Rossi's claim prior to the Sepang Race that he made regarding Marquez ?

This has definitely been a hot topic at HardRacing and we want to know
what other Superfans thoughts are on the outcome ....

·
Registered
541 Posts
JL is only fast once he gets the hole shot and leads the race, and in near perfect conditions. IMO, he is NOT better than MM nor Rossi. JL does not have the balls that MM and Rossi has. It's not in him to dice it up. That goes the same for Pedrosa, and is why has NOT won a championship. Although, you don't have to be the fastest or the best rider to win a championship, just consistent winning within the top 3 throughout a race season.

"in my opinion", Rossi was cheated out of the 2015 'ship. Whether people want to recognize it or not, it wasn't a battle of manufacturers (Honda vs Yamaha), but Spanish vs Italian...... jus' sayin'

·
Registered
286 Posts
MOtoGP has some of the most intense heated competition anywhere in sports. It's insane. Everybody hates everybody, lol. You suck, I'm the king of the world!!

This final race was so crazy man.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Rossi lost the championship the moment he tried to "manage" Marquez.Would have been the race to remember if he had indeed finished second or if the Honda boys pipped Lorenzo across the line.

·
Vendor
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

While, we love Rossi....... as a true Racing fan....... it would have been nice to see the final race come down to best man wins.

Not......... Marquez sand bags for the first time in his life, and Rossi has to start from the back.

·
Registered
520 Posts
That's a bold opinionated statement coming from Lorenzo. I think Lorenzo always pushes his bike to the limit, he rides fast and doesn't let off at all, but I think he's not so smart. For example, the race at Twin Ring. He rides through out the dry line for the whole race, never slowing down always pushing to the limit and his tires probably gotten eaten up so much and loses his place. And on the other hand Pedrosa is smart and takes the wet line to preserve his tires and wins. Rossi always looks composed and wiser than his opponents. He always knows that to do. The race at Sepang when Marq was challenging Rossi from turn 11 to 14. Rossi kept his line while Marq was being overly aggressive to intimidate Rossi. I think every rider is better than the other in some way, just not "in everything" like what Lorenzo had stated. It seemed very egotistical of Lorenzo to say that.

·
Registered
386 Posts
It is a shame the season unfolded like it did. Lost a lot of respect for a few premadoma riders and factories.

Reactions: HardRacing

·
Registered
881 Posts
I only think that Marquez is..... A big dirty swindler sounds correct?

At least Lorenzo has already admitted that marquez helpd his winning....

I Will remember this gp as i remember Barrichello and shumacher in 2002 Austria gp.

When sport becomes shit.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I laughed when Lorenzo was falling to his knees with joy after basically running a 30 lap free practice. Marquez proved he's a joke with his ZERO attempts to overtake Lorenzo and Rossi did the best he could but the 3rd to 4th gap was just too large by the time he made it up there

·
Registered
79 Posts
The thing I will remember about the championship is Rossi cost himself the championship. The competition was good at Sepang, as fans would hope it would be. If I remember correctly, Rossi admitted he pushed Marquez off because he was tired of him being in his way. He also looke left at him TWICE as he pushed him out. Dicing it up is what racing is about, and what fans pay/ dream to see. I think Rossi made a bad choice in the heat of frustration and he paid the price by loosing the championship. Just hope the old man keeps racing, he makes it look easy.

·
Registered
541 Posts
The thing I will remember about the championship is Rossi cost himself the championship. The competition was good at Sepang, as fans would hope it would be. If I remember correctly, Rossi admitted he pushed Marquez off because he was tired of him being in his way. He also looke left at him TWICE as he pushed him out. Dicing it up is what racing is about, and what fans pay/ dream to see. I think Rossi made a bad choice in the heat of frustration and he paid the price by loosing the championship. Just hope the old man keeps racing, he makes it look easy.
I some what agree with you in regards to Rossi losing the championship. However, there is a unwritten rule within competitive racing. MM knew Rossi was racing for the points race and championship, against JL. Marquez was clearly out of the race for the top two spots. Therefore, he should have let the two of them to determine their fate.

IMO, MM intentionally dropped back (sandbagged) to tangle with Rossi, therefore, contributing to JL finish and points. MM had the pace to battle with JL, as he had done at PI.

I agree that Rossi let his emotions contribute to his penalty points and position for the next race (a bit harsh, IMO, as we had all witnessed MM doing worst throughout his career, with minimal penalty, or none). MM was just as much at fault. Rossi did not intend to take MM out, but clearly send a message of his frustration. Rossi did push off with his knee, upon MM charging into him and instigating contact. MM crashed under his own negligence. He could have simply backed off the throttle, to remain in the race and continue his instigating tactics with Rossi. Regardless, MM succeeded contributing to JL race finishes, and championship.

Not to discredit JL. He had raced a good solid race, and season. BUT! JL's championship could not have happened without the help of MM.

To be clear, I'm NOT a Rossi faithful. I am a fan of racers. I am a Hayden fan, first. I am also a fan of Rossi, Marquez, and several others whom also share the grid, fwiw.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts