Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a stock bike with a Moriwaki down pipe and a stock bike with a full Yosh system side by side. Was wondering if there were in differences in performance. Low speed acceleration ? Top end ?
The Moriwaki seems easier on the ears. Wanting a pipe but not sure which one.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
That would be a sweet comparison! I hope there are some other grommers @ motohouston tonight.

and I hope some of have install pipes other than yoshi so i can do a side by side comparison!

·
Registered
677 Posts
Without a doubt the morowaki will be quieter. I've heard it in person, and it is very very nice deep quiet tone. I want one myself,
I'm just too poor to spend that much on an exhaust currently.

·
Registered
173 Posts
This is pertinent to my interests because I'm torn between these two systems currently. IDK which to get... but I need something soon!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shoebacca take some pictures. let me know if there will be other Grom Runs
Thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
FYI - I know where there are Yoshis in stock. There is 1 full stainless/carbon fiber, 1 full CF only and at least on slip-on with carbon can in stock. They are located in Houston.:wink:

·
Registered
272 Posts
The Yoshimura turns an ugly stock exhaust into an uglier aftermarket exhaust. (sound AND looks) That being said. The Yoshimura system off the bike is beautiful. They have always made some of the best racing components for the better part of 3-4 Decades. However they missed the mark with the Grom system. When the Moriwaki exhaust arrived from Japan we were all blown away by the craftsmanship. WoW and yet deliberate with a stepped header design. Moriwaki is also a very famous name in racing from components to bikes... Ohh and the SOUND... Seamless and deep. Well worth every penny. As for performance we didn't notice much of a change if any from the Yosh to the Moriwaki. We all noticed a slight drop in midrange power from stock. The real comparison would start once a dyno tune and FI tuner becomes available. Until then it's personal preference and speculation on performance. The RS-9 is shelved 'till then and may find it's way in the FS section...

Edit to clarify comparisons: The Mori and the Yoshi performed similar to each other. BOTH were an improvement over stock!

·
Registered
294 Posts
what no gain from the yoshi ? Have i missed something ? last i heard a new filter and the yoshi exhaust help a lot ?

·
Registered
272 Posts
what no gain from the yoshi ? Have i missed something ? last i heard a new filter and the yoshi exhaust help a lot ?
Edit to clarify comparisons: The Mori and the Yoshi performed similar to each other. BOTH were an improvement over stock! The high flow air filter made a definite improvement with stock and aftermarket exhausts.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Edit to clarify comparisons: The Mori and the Yoshi performed similar to each other. BOTH were an improvement over stock! The high flow air filter made a definite improvement with stock and aftermarket exhausts.
What air filter are you running? Any mods to airbox or just swap the filter?

·
Registered
695 Posts
The Yoshimura turns an ugly stock exhaust into an uglier aftermarket exhaust. (sound AND looks) That being said. The Yoshimura system off the bike is beautiful. They have always made some of the best racing components for the better part of 3-4 Decades. However they missed the mark with the Grom system. When the Moriwaki exhaust arrived from Japan we were all blown away by the craftsmanship. WoW and yet deliberate with a stepped header design. Moriwaki is also a very famous name in racing from components to bikes... Ohh and the SOUND... Seamless and deep. Well worth every penny. As for performance we didn't notice much of a change if any from the Yosh to the Moriwaki. We all noticed a slight drop in midrange power from stock. The real comparison would start once a dyno tune and FI tuner becomes available. Until then it's personal preference and speculation on performance. The RS-9 is shelved 'till then and may find it's way in the FS section...

Edit to clarify comparisons: The Mori and the Yoshi performed similar to each other. BOTH were an improvement over stock!
You sound like a hipster.

No offence just sayin

·
Registered
286 Posts
I like both exhausts the cf/stainless yoshi muffler looks excellent. However it looks like a kindergarten student designed the header. Quite boring looking.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts