Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does it run ok after you installed it?
Runs fine with it. It really woke up the bike in the midrange and top end RPM. It's also considerably lighter than the stock paperweight exhaust.

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Very cool. I am just about to pull the trigger on one of these myself. I want to wait just a few more weeks to see if any other JDM companies come out with Grom pipes.

Could you possibly post a pic of the mount at the rear pegs? Did you drill a couple of holes or are they there?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Like that exhaust as well. where did you buy the exhaust. Have sent out a few e mails to various vendors. Only one response. A BMW shop in California.
Still waiting for my bike. Have all the white plastic waiting. Have ordered a few decals. Going with a 60's Honda wing on the tank cover. If you don't want to put the price in the response could you PM me the info.
Thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
Very cool. I am just about to pull the trigger on one of these myself. I want to wait just a few more weeks to see if any other JDM companies come out with Grom pipes.

Could you possibly post a pic of the mount at the rear pegs? Did you drill a couple of holes or are they there?

Doesn't appear to require any drilling. Looks like there is a bracket that bolts on.

Install directions and schematic here:

http://www.moriwaki.co.jp/product/pdf/exhaust/01810-H11K5-00.pdf

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is a bracket that attaches to the passenger peg mount. Then you attach the exhaust to it. Clever design. ImageUploadedByHondaGrom.net1376799052.852169.jpg

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Like that exhaust as well. where did you buy the exhaust. Have sent out a few e mails to various vendors. Only one response. A BMW shop in California.
Still waiting for my bike. Have all the white plastic waiting. Have ordered a few decals. Going with a 60's Honda wing on the tank cover. If you don't want to put the price in the response could you PM me the info.
Thanks
I purchased from webike. Slevin provided the link.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Delivery is ok. My order took about two weeks. Once it shipped I got the items in 3-4 days.

·
Registered
674 Posts
that's not to bad, knowing it comes from Japan.. My only fear is Customs.. I've heared that belgium could be a B*tch to clear it..

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I bought from there. My pipe wasn't in stock. Took awhile. That morawaki is super clean but pricy. I'm going to fit a monkey pipe. More work for me but a lot less money.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts