Honda Grom banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I'm just wondering if anyone else has come across this issue?
The banjo bolt nut on the oil supply line fouls on the front guard and the cooler body itself also fouls despite bending the bracket so it's right up against the airbox. I do have a Koso air filter which means the lid sticks out an extra few mm but it's solid contact 3/4 of the way through the fork down stroke.

My retailer hasn't heard of the issue and will look into it. I can't even moderately brake without contact so I'm about ready to turf this turd of a thing.

Is it something to do with my offroad tyres somehow (I can't fathom how, the guard fits)? I can't remember it contacting when I had pirelli diablos on but I was riding pretty easy then.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I also have that cooler, it is not necessary to have a big vache to make contact and that mine has a little side and impacts me with the potholes, paint the black grid and leave a paint mark your wheel to be tacos to said goodbye the grid, when I can upload photos

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well here are the photos if you want some more to see it better warn or if you can tell a friend to ride a motorcycle put the wheel straight and push the suspension down you will see that if it does not lack
Excellent photos Tonitxu! Mine had the added problem of hitting the cooler body/mesh. I have since taken the cooler off and contacted the retailer who I will sort out an agreement with.

I do not think the Morin coolers are fit for purpose in my experience.
I am told some other groms have no issues, I'd be interested to see what differences there are, maybe there are a couple of kit types in circulation?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've been thinking every time it hits, maybe the ones that don't hit it are because they could have the harder front suspension so it doesn't go all the way to the hit. Also my mechanic told me that he had to eat, sand, a little the support because it did not finish fitting well, maybe someone from the forum has the suspension modified or he did not have to modify the support and illuminate us a little more

·
Registered
816 Posts
that is a bad position for oil cooler. mine slammed as yours. i relocated it with the takegawa airbox removal mount. end of problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, I ride off-road so keeping the factory airbox is a priority. Thankyou for the idea though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I already know why it gives you on the fender if you look at the photo that I upload that has been seen on the internet, the radiator has two aluminum lifters that neither you nor I have installed, install it and you can tell me if you think so what's going to be no
Interesting, I don't believe I got those in the kit.
I'll look around the shed this weekend and see what I can find.

·
Registered
19 Posts
In mine if it came but the mechanic did not put it because it did not come from the soul ... here in my area there are only spare parts I am ashamed when I see what you control and here they do not dare to put the gear marker koso v2 and there I have it in the box, if you mount it the adapter you tell me and I already tell the mechanic to put it on me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts