Honda Grom banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Where do I get the wheel rings? Those red things on the wheels. I need yellow. I’m going to put a few cosmetic pieces on. I’m mainly going for performance, but I like the way your bike is headed. It’s badass with black n red.
Thanks for the kind comments.

The wheel stripes are just stick on/adhesive tape. I ordered mine from amazon a few months back. just search for motorcycle wheel tape. There are a bunch of options and colors available.One set gave me enough to do both sides of both wheels, and I have a few extra pieces left over.

·
Registered
460 Posts
That seat looks great! Love the way the turn signals blend into the bike, had to look twice to see the front one. Much better than the big US or Euro ones, imo.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That seat looks great! Love the way the turn signals blend into the bike, had to look twice to see the front one. Much better than the big US or Euro ones, imo.
Thanks for the comment!
I’m happy with how it’s all turning out.

The Mnnthbx and Rizoma signals made a huge visual and also functional difference. You hardly notice them until you turn them on.

In terms of looks,I personally like these much better than the euro version for the style I’m going for.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Ordered in the Mnnthbx bar mount with Ram ball and x grip phone holder and threw it on the bike tonight.

...Needed a way to have my phone secure and visible while riding so that I can keep an eye on the Mnnthbx site. (for when the custom intake becomes available. ) ha ha.

Very simple but functional mod.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Front fly shield showed up today.
Took a little bit of time to get it from across the pond, but within the time frame the manufacture stated.

Happy with the quality and fit/finish.

Another quick and easy install.
Remove the two front turn signal/headlight bolts, throw in a few washers and tighten everything back down.

Overall I like the look of it on the bike.
I may consider modifying the bracket to get a little more of a slant angle out of it while taking some of the gap out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Been looking forward to this one for awhile!
Hopefully get it on the bike tomorrow. I ordered the full kit with the twin muffler AND header pipe.

Initial unboxing impression:
As I expected the fit and finish is top notch. The welds are a thing of beauty. The muffler was tightly packed in its own little foam container. The header and mid were nicely wrapped in foam/bubble wrap.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Got the Akrapovic thrown on this afternoon.
Extremely pleased with everything.

If you were trying to stay semi low key (as if people don’t already notice you) this may not be the exhaust for you. People will definitely hear you coming.

There is no doubt that this full system is expensive.
But for me the quality, style and sound made it worth it.

Retaining the factory heat shield/retro look is what I wanted and the twin mufflers gives it a scrambler feel.

I’ve heard the yoshi in person, and I would say both exhaust are equally as “loud”, however I would tend to say the yoshi is slightly deeper in sound with the Akra being slightly raspy/higher pitched.

As mentioned above I did go with the full system w/header pipe.
Not sure of the sound difference between the full system vs. keeping the stock cat and header, but I would only assume that the full system is most certainly louder and obviously less restrictive.

The stock exhaust and cat have some weight to them.
I didn’t have a scale but the akra had to be at least half the weight of the stock system.

Excited for the new intake to show up in a few weeks to make it breath even better!

A few before/after install pics

·
Registered
152 Posts
Exhaust looks great.
What is that round thing attached to the header pipe?

Reactions: redrick

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think its a very fitting exhaust for the build. I like how this bike is coming together.

Have you decided on fuel controller/ tuning yet? I would say that would be your next mod with an intake.

I highly recommend the 3m decal/ eraser tool for removing manufacters decals, comes off like butta!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I think its a very fitting exhaust for the build. I like how this bike is coming together.

Have you decided on fuel controller/ tuning yet? I would say that would be your next mod with an intake.

I highly recommend the 3m decal/ eraser tool for removing manufacters decals, comes off like butta!!!

Appreciate the comment

I do plan on getting a fuel controller once the intake arrives. I’m undecided on which one right now. Probably either the Bazzzaz or power commander. Interested to see which one some of the other monkey builds go with.

Only a few other things left on my initial list. Tires, levers and hopefully I can get my hands on the belly pan/engine guard I want.

Thanks for the tip on the decal eraser. I’ll give it a try.
I got the decals off the tank fairly easy but the rear fender didn’t come up easy. Need to grab my heat gun from work.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Mnnthbx intake.
Been sitting in my garage for a few weeks now...work/life got busy, and it’s been raining for nearly two weeks straight.

Anyway, threw this on last night.
As per usual and other reviews, fit/finish is spot on. Went with the leather top DNA filter.

Just rode it up the road quick and you can definitely here it sucking in the air! Looking forward to taking advantage of it.

Gotta get some tires and a tuner before long!

·
Registered
933 Posts
My guess would be that it is an expansion chamber to help tune the length of the exhaust the engine sees.
I'll guess it's a heat shield to keep your leg away from the hot pipe as that disk does not appear to have any actual connection to the interior of the pipe other than an exterior support bracket. The FMF Powerbomb header on my DRZ has a chamber attached to it to increase the volume of the pipe for more low end torque.

IMG_1098.JPG

·
Registered
933 Posts
Mnnthbx intake.
Been sitting in my garage for a few weeks now...work/life got busy, and it’s been raining for nearly two weeks straight.

Anyway, threw this on last night.
As per usual and other reviews, fit/finish is spot on. Went with the leather top DNA filter.

Just rode it up the road quick and you can definitely here it sucking in the air! Looking forward to taking advantage of it.

Gotta get some tires and a tuner before long!

Very nice! :) That's a longer intake than most. You should get more bottom end pull with it.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts