Honda Grom banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seen Johns ( composimo ) bike at the small bore fest back in June. Who has done it and what’s your opinion about it. I am a fan of long little bikes. But just curious.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Damn 62 views and no one had any response? I know someone on this forum had to have done it by now

·
Registered
134 Posts
I wish I could give a better answer but, stretch your bike if you are only in it for the looks... Remember that stretching the bike lowers the rear suspension so you have to deal with that on the front end as well. There are plenty of better upgrades for you to consider

·
Registered
58 Posts
I was lurking hoping for someone to put up some pictures of theirs. I doubt this will be something I do, but I can't rule it out. YouTube did recommend a vid on a bobber setup a group did on the Monkey, I fear for my wallet if that ever becomes a kit.

·
Vendor
1,782 Posts
Sean, I started to reply, but since we have the majority of the inventory for that stretch, I didn't as my opinion would be taken by mostly as a sales pitch. Since you've asked again, I'll offer you my feedback, and just point out we don't sell product we don't like in the first place. It's a great piece and does make the bike look pretty sweet. Be aware it lowers the bike a decent amount, so if stock ride height is a concern, you'd want longer eye to eye shocks.
Pics here.... https://mnnthbx.com/product/composimo-5-stretch-kit-for-honda-monkey-pre-order/

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sean, I started to reply, but since we have the majority of the inventory for that stretch, I didn't as my opinion would be taken by mostly as a sales pitch. Since you've asked again, I'll offer you my feedback, and just point out we don't sell product we don't like in the first place. It's a great piece and does make the bike look pretty sweet. Be aware it lowers the bike a decent amount, so if stock ride height is a concern, you'd want longer eye to eye shocks.
Pics here.... https://mnnthbx.com/product/composimo-5-stretch-kit-for-honda-monkey-pre-order/
I’m glad you responded only in that it means I can ask questions. :) What else would be required for that stretch? I suspect brake lines and shocks, anything else?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If anyone thinks your opinion is a sales pitch. Then they honestly don't know your history. I appreciate you and the company you have. I just received the m-take Monday. I know I should have waited like you said, but sometimes I get excited and jump the gun early. Cost me more money but it is what it is. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I used a udom karchang??? Kit from beez.. it’s only a minor stretch at 3.5-4inches but it allows you to use the factory suspension mounts so the bike will actually sit slightly higher. You could use the factory brake lines but I changed them for longer ones for peace of mind. I got them purely for looks and they should compliment the fatty wheels I have coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts