Honda Grom banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've been following the Honda monkey for about 1.5 years. I have been starting to call around to see what I would be expecting to pay out the door.

I am in socal I have two offers for a 2020 non ABS model for $4,700 and the other is over $5,500. Ive purchased many cars in the past but never have I paid sticker plus fees. I am not feeling too confident that I'm getting a good deal.

I see people in other states getting up to 10 percent discounts. I wanted to ask am I getting a realistic deal for where I live?

If there are any referrals you would like to pass along I would gladly take them!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Stephen,

From what I've seen, $5,500 seems to be about the norm and $4,700 would represent a good deal for an out-the-door price on a 2020 Monkey, in our state. In the SF Bay Area, I've seen prices as high as $5,700+ (see enclosed pdf). Dealer prep / Rigging fee, Document & Administration fees and freight is where prices can vary widely.

Good luck on your search and welcome to the forum!

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Tbh, I paid $4800 for a non abs here in San Diego. They were initially asking $5500. It is what it is. The monkey is such a blast that I have zero regrets.

·
Registered
19 Posts
When you see an "uncrating" on you tube and all the dealer has to do is screw on the mirrors you realize the rigging or pep fee is a big ripoff. I bought a 2019 Red ABS last November and now trying to buy a 2020 Blue this week, but my line in the sand is $4700 OTD.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for your pricing disclosures guys . This really helps me out things into perspective.

What kind of helmet and gloves do you guys recommend? I have been reading about helmets with Bluetooth, speaker, and mic tech. So incredibly high tech .

·
Registered
100 Posts
Stephen,

If you're into the high-tech frivolities, go for it. Like others, I have other bikes, so I generally wear the same gear when I ride the Monkey. Leathers may be a bit much, but it was chilly that day on the Mendocino coast.

When you pay the bills, you call the shots.
Road Warrior.jpg

·
Premium Member
245 Posts
I’ve been an Arai guy for a long time but recently purchased the Shoei RF-1200. It’s a nice helmet once it breaks in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Norcal here, crossed the border to Nevada for a '19 ABS $3499 + bs doc and prep fees: $4070. Registered in Califas $470

Picked up an AGV modular helmet and like the open face for stoplight social without radios

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought a yellow non abs Monkey in May of 2019.
Got it in Carson, Calif.

Here’s the breakdown.

MSRP $3999
Freight $190
Handling $95.20
Accessories $6.30 (having them add a pigtail for my battery tender)
Tax $420.50 (I had under estimated this, Los Angeles tax is by ZIP Code.)
License $151
Document Fee $85.00
CA Tire Recycle Fee $4.00 (Ugh, another Calif tax)
Deliver bike to my house. 27 miles. $75.00
that leaves $124 that went to the dealer. I'm ok with that. They have to make some money.
He threw in free batteries for life. Nice little perk.

$5150.

I love my Monkey.

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Do like some did when the Grom came out, some Grom owners in Calif drove out of state and bought their groms from Texas, Utah, Nevada and states like that and then registered he groms in Calif.

It's like the new 2020 C8 corvette that some Calif people ordered they bought it out of state cause some dealers in Calif was asking $20K over MSRP. All you had to make sure was that the new C8 had stickers on the car stating it is Calif CARB approved and you was good to go.

Good Luck finding your Monkey bike.

I bought all my groms from counties outside of the Bay area and I got a good deal. One place was $3,600 OTD

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi all, I've been following the Honda monkey for about 1.5 years. I have been starting to call around to see what I would be expecting to pay out the door.

I am in socal I have two offers for a 2020 non ABS model for $4,700 and the other is over $5,500. Ive purchased many cars in the past but never have I paid sticker plus fees. I am not feeling too confident that I'm getting a good deal.

I see people in other states getting up to 10 percent discounts. I wanted to ask am I getting a realistic deal for where I live?

If there are any referrals you would like to pass along I would gladly take them!

Thanks in advance
$4700 ABS / $4500 from my dealer in St. Helena, CA I just bought two Monkeys...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts