Honda Grom banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wat up monkey heads i added the Yoshimura rs3 full exhaust it ran great, i added the chimera short ram with a sprint filter (po8f1-85) and put a cjr flashed ecu before i took it for a test drive after the intake addition and its got no power now when i ride it sounds like it over revs and goes like 30mph. Put the stock ecu back in it and it does the same thing does this sound like two much air to the engine? I got a k and n filter on way to see if this remedies....any thoughts?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I am by no means a mechanic, but maybe check the air flow sensor? Since you swapped out both ECU's and got the same result, makes me think the issue is the intake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am by no means a mechanic, but maybe check the air flow sensor? Since you swapped out both ECU's and got the same result, makes me think the issue is the intake.
thank for replying! I was thinking that and this is my first bike and first bike I’ve worked on so I’m no mechanic as well. But if there was something wrong with the sensor, wouldn’t I get a check engine light?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Same here.....first time working on a bike. Not sure on the cel. Might be unnecessary, but my next step would be to reinstall the intake or try reinstalling the stock intake to see if the problem still persist.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same here.....first time working on a bike. Not sure on the cel. Might be unnecessary, but my next step would be to reinstall the intake or try reinstalling the stock intake to see if the problem still persist.
Yeah a little trial and error in the future

1 - 9 of 9 Posts