Honda Grom banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I need a left side saddle bag. Nothing can be found. Any ideas? Too hot down here in South Florida to wear a backpack.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Yes I know about that one. However for 500.00 I would need a Valium to buy that. I guess I should have said I wish someone made a left side bag for less than 500.00.

·
Registered
2019 Monkey/1974 CB550/1973 CB125
45 Posts
I made a set of panniers for my Monkey, Cost about 50 bucks in total. My other suggestion would be to buy a rear luggage carrier with a cargo net and cheap ebay duffel bag. Worked well for me on my trip down the skyline drive/brp.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I made a set of panniers for my Monkey, Cost about 50 bucks in total. My other suggestion would be to buy a rear luggage carrier with a cargo net and cheap ebay duffel bag. Worked well for me on my trip down the skyline drive/brp. View attachment 88460
Thanks for the suggestion. I’m looking for a permanent mounted left saddle bag for daily use. Any ideas 💡?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2019 Monkey/1974 CB550/1973 CB125
45 Posts
What do you think of this? I use to have one on my cb550 before I dropped it. Might be a little big.

You could always ask gcraft for just the bracket and attach your own bag.

·
Super Moderator
904 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Yes I know about that one. However for 500.00 I would need a Valium to buy that. I guess I should have said I wish someone made a left side bag for less than 500.00.
I laughed out loud at this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What do you think of this? I use to have one on my cb550 before I dropped it. Might be a little big.

You could always ask gcraft for just the bracket and attach your own bag.
Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I’ll send an email to gcraft.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Mike, thanks for the response and suggestion. That’s more like what I could use. I wonder how it would attach to the left rear side of the monkey?
After looking around the garage I found a Saddlemen leather tool bag and looking under the fender I saw a good place to put a bracket right next to the side marker bracket a little 3/4"band iron and a piece of 1/8" aluminum plate and here it is! Looks like a couple of 16oz water bottles and a little room to spare,Ride safe,Mikez
IMG_20201022_133928954.jpg
IMG_20201022_133857045.jpg

·
Registered
149 Posts
Nice work

Reactions: mikez

·
Registered
228 Posts
This was a lot of work to do but by adding Gen. II Grom footpeg mounts and a modified stock Gen. II exhaust system (thanks, Ninelives17!!) I'm using Chase Harper bags on my Monkey. They're a nice combination of appropriate size and usefulness on the simian.

I used the stock rear reflector mount and the loop on the passenger peg mount to zip tie the mating buckles to the ones on the saddlebags.

This is the third bike I've used these bags on (an ATK 605 DS/ES and a Yamaha Serow 225 the other two) and despite hard use they still look almost new. The best part is that they retain their molded foam shape whether full or empty and are supposedly designed to be aerodynamic.

Reactions: Ninelives17
1 - 17 of 17 Posts