Honda Grom banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came across these on Amazon for $2.99 shipped so I figured I would give them a try. Even though I learned my lesson on the cheap stuff with my last go-around doing rim tape on my CBR, I tried to go the el cheapo route again.

First of all I didn't notice that they had Monster Energy on 4 of the pieces of tape from the listing, that surprised me when I opened the box.

Then after I opened them, the color just looked like it was faded. I gave it the benefit of the doubt though and went to installing. After installing one piece and standing back it looked beyond stupid the colors were so far fetched and this seemed more pink than it did red. The picture of the tape next to the plastics doesn't do it justice on how bad it really does look.

If you're going for red rim tape, I would save your money but that's just my opinion.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Pro Grip wheel tape. nuff said.

I came across these on Amazon for $2.99 shipped so I figured I would give them a try. Even though I learned my lesson on the cheap stuff with my last go-around doing rim tape on my CBR, I tried to go the el cheapo route again.

First of all I didn't notice that they had Monster Energy on 4 of the pieces of tape from the listing, that surprised me when I opened the box.

Then after I opened them, the color just looked like it was faded. I gave it the benefit of the doubt though and went to installing. After installing one piece and standing back it looked beyond stupid the colors were so far fetched and this seemed more pink than it did red. The picture of the tape next to the plastics doesn't do it justice on how bad it really does look.

If you're going for red rim tape, I would save your money but that's just my opinion.
Please try Pro Grip wheeltape. Works great. Revzilla.com 15 bucks and youtube demo.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts