Honda Grom banner

mnthbx swingarm bushing tool set

3K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  FXCLM5 
#1 ·
#5 ·
wow, are you serious? we were talking about this is a "must do" mod back in summer 13 almost 6 years ago, this is disappointing that the grom aftermarket shops didnt developed this immediately.

In fact there were a few ppl doing it back in summer 13, and doing all sorts of other suspension mods to the front end like adding air cylinders into them etc.... I even remember some guy stocking swingarms at his shop with the new bushing/bearing already installed and he was asking like $100-125 to ship you a swingarm with the bushing installed and you return your original swingarm back to him. Cheaper and no labor involved vs the mnthbx, only if I can find that guys post and hopefully he still active on here.

#7 ·
yarp brianS sounds correct

any idea what happen to him?

this forum search function is quite difficult, brian S has no results for posts even though its a known member selected through their dropdown bar, also searching for anything "swingarm bushing - swingarm bearing" gets 0 results.

#8 ·
He got into a pissing war with one of the vendors about porting and air/fuel flow and such so he decided since he would not make any money with his ported head/ custom piston and reground cam, he decided to stick with what he knows best which is engineer racing cars and such.

I still have his original kit he sold me and I still have his cam chain spacers he made for cam tensioner system. I talked to GromRuckus from LA and he told me that BrianS had one of the best design 2V ported head around.

I look at the way BrianS ported his heads and I try to copy the flow lines of his porting on my heads. I was doing real 70mph with his kit and my only down fall was not knowing how to setup the Crank Case Vent system "So called oil catch can" and with all my testing I finally figured out how to route the crank case lines, the intake valve cover line, the oil dip stick line to have a almost perfect free flowing pumping system reducing pressure and heat inside the crank.

#11 ·
I can’t dispute this. If you can get it done for $20, I’d go for it all day. Just be aware, without the tool, it’s not easy, no matter what shop you are. You could save some money, or they could destroy your stuff. If you truly believe in them, I’d go the $20 route and not buy the tool, but I honestly believe despite the allure of cost savings, many will run into trouble going that route.

#13 ·
I did mine without the tool no problem.

8-10" threaded rod, a couple washers and 3x nuts, (IIRC)a 19mm socket and 28-30mm deep socket.

Two nuts locked together and washer behind the 28-30mm socket on one side of the bushing. 19mm socket, washer and single nut on the other side of the bushing. Start cranking down on the 19mm socket and it'll start pressing the bushing inside the 28-30mm socket.

Pressing them in, you just reverse everything and it definitely helps to put the sleeves into the freezer for a couple hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.