Honda Grom banner

341 - 352 of 352 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
MNNTHBX, if you make a db killer for your exhaust it would sell more and we wouldnt see so many in the used parts for sell. Your exhaust rocks but that little issue with bleeding ear is killing a lot of us. I`m going to see what can be done to mod it a bit but if there were a add on part that reduces the volume a bit for those long rides I would buy it and prob a lot of people here.
The V2 looks perfect by the way
What Scoobs said, pleeeeease make something before I loose what little hearing I have left.....or failing that future proof your product by supplying a free hearing aide with every exhaust ;)

·
Vendor
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #342
We had the switch from steel to fiber packing, and it has helped ever so slightly, but there's little else to be done. As stated in full disclosure, it's a track pipe, built for performance first, and it is for sure loud....

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought my 2017 from a dealer over the phone on 6/9 and ordered the new mmbthbx exhaust and mapped bazzaz the same day. They just arrived yesterday and i installed the pipe this morning after doing some yard work and doing my first oil change. As i was cleaning up but before i refilled the oil, i noticed i neglected to re-install the oil screen, and had to tear the side back off and do that task over. I was pissed off, grimy, sweaty; and only wanted to get a shower and grab the coldest beer from the back of the fridge. After putting up all the tool, etc i cranked up the bike with the new exhaust (bazzaz will be tomorrow). I let the engine idle a minute, cut it off, checked the oil level, restarted it and gave it a few revs with the new exhaust. Hell NO to the shower and cold beer, not now!!! Had to gear up and hit the road for the next 1.5 hours until an incoming thunderstorm made me head home. Love the exhaust; totally changed the dynamics of the ride. I'm glad i was able to put 400 miles on the stock set-up as it made me appreciate the exhaust even more.

·
Registered
91 Posts
welllll i just ordered mine and it should be here tomorrow. will be installing it along with their fender eliminator. i read somewhere that shorter exhaust are better for top end and longer for low end torque. i know that is a VERY generalized blanket statement, but does it hold any merit?

·
Registered
700 Posts
welllll i just ordered mine and it should be here tomorrow. will be installing it along with their fender eliminator. i read somewhere that shorter exhaust are better for top end and longer for low end torque. i know that is a VERY generalized blanket statement, but does it hold any merit?
I think build quality is the most important factor. If there are ugly fat slugs of welds in the pipe or its poorly fitted together (where you can't really see), it won't matter if its a short or long header. I've seen some pretty awful exhausts systems from China.

·
Registered
91 Posts
hahahahahaha ^^ MNNTHBX any truth to the statement i made? longer exhaust = more bottom end, shorter = more top end? or is that garbage that i've read and i should ignore it?

·
Registered
787 Posts
^I assume this is referencing something else. None of our products are made in china, and they never will be. We don't even eat Chinese food.....
Hell yeah! I'm instantly a fan. If you offered a quieter exhaust option and I didn't already have one I'd be hitting you up.

·
Vendor
1,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
hahahahahaha ^^ MNNTHBX any truth to the statement i made? longer exhaust = more bottom end, shorter = more top end? or is that garbage that i've read and i should ignore it?
Assuming they were the same quality, the same can, etc., it's fairly true. Shorter headers make more top end, longer more bottom end.....

·
Registered
876 Posts
Yes.

Exhaust tuning has to do with the timing of the reflected pressure and vacuum exhaust pulses from the rapid opening and closing of the exhaust valve. Short pipes have a shorter pulse transit time to the end and back so they affect higher rpms, while longer pipes have a longer transit time affecting lower rpms.

I ran a MNNTHBX exhaust on my Honda Ruckus for 4 years and loved it! :) It's high quality and well put together.

I gutted it and lengthened the head pipe for more low rpm torque...

Z1yPz4h.jpg

...then I added Supertrapp tuning disks so I could adjust the flow to fit the engine.

1T1fy3b.jpg

The engine ran super with it! :)

·
Registered
700 Posts
^I assume this is referencing something else. None of our products are made in china, and they never will be. We don't even eat Chinese food.....
Definitely not talking about your exhaust system. You guys make good stuff.

341 - 352 of 352 Posts