Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd start a thread for pre-sale, prototype, in the works stuff. I enjoy the process and am always looking for reasons to take pictures, and this will give me a platform to share that type of thing. It will get extra busy in a couple months, but for now......

I'm a Scotts dealer, and will be making Grom specific billet mounts for the most trusted and proven damper on the planet. My working model arrived today.

·
Registered
530 Posts
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Such good news! I love my Scott dampers!

·
Registered
325 Posts
A shame those things are so expensive. but an AWESOME idea considering the higher speeds folks are gonna try and pull out of these short wheelbase machines.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
It is a sterring dampner. If you are pushing a bike at high speeds sometimes they like to wobble a bit and this prevents that wobble.

·
Registered
325 Posts
it's a friction device to keep the forks straight at speed. basically it makes it harder for the forks to turn lessening things like "speed wobble" fmx stunt guys run them on their dirtbikes and most any REAL race bike has one, as well as all the 600 and 1000 sportbikes come with them standard nowadays.

·
Vendor
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This style is far more adjustable than the rod type dampers that are often used as OEM dampers on bikes. It will help the short wheelbase bike when pushed, after you set a wheelie down, etc....

·
Registered
325 Posts
H0ndas ahave a scotts style UNDER the tank compared to say shit ass kawasaki putting the rod style. they both do the same job but yeah scotts style works better but hideously expensive IMO.

pic of honda cbr damper. actuated differently than scotts, but much more of that style vs sliding rod.

Honda Motorcycle Parts 2012 CBR600RR A STEERING DAMPER Diagram

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
H0ndas ahave a scotts style UNDER the tank compared to say shit ass kawasaki putting the rod style. they both do the same job but yeah scotts style works better but hideously expensive IMO.

pic of honda cbr damper. actuated differently than scotts, but much more of that style vs sliding rod.

Honda Motorcycle Parts 2012 CBR600RR A STEERING DAMPER Diagram

Some aren't fans of Honda's HESD setup but I'm a believer, saved me a few times on the track/mtn's.

·
Vendor
1,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'll manufacture the mounts and include the dampers for as cheap as I can, that said, those dampers aren't cheap. It's a "get what you pay for" deal. For some, it's a must have, others, just an afterthought. I'll do the best I can though. I know as a consumer through the years, it hurts every time I put one on one of my race bikes. As with anything I make, you'll find I don't price w/ greed, only what's required to stay in business.....

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I'll manufacture the mounts and include the dampers for as cheap as I can, that said, those dampers aren't cheap. It's a "get what you pay for" deal. For some, it's a must have, others, just an afterthought. I'll do the best I can though. I know as a consumer through the years, it hurts every time I put one on one of my race bikes. As with anything I make, you'll find I don't price w/ greed, only what's required to stay in business.....
I hear ya man, we want quality and we want you to keep the doors open. Thanks for the response and definitely keep us posted as I'm very interested... I've been saved many times by them over the years.

·
Registered
365 Posts
soooo true!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts