Honda Grom banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
HAHAHA YES!!!! love the dorf, can i get a grom dorf? lol.

just ordered a led stop/turn strip only from you a few weeks ago, awesome quality. thanks again!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Nice Ruck parts...I think I'll order the GPS mount for the ruck. outside of that I want my mod money for the Grom in August! I will gladly pre-order parts if you can get them. I would love a rear fender eliminator and a new exhaust!

·
Vendor
1,824 Posts
Thanks guys for the warm welcome. Although I own an aftermarket parts biz, first and foremost I'm an enthusiast. I've never really grown up, so as I suspect is the case w/ many of you, I'm like a kid before Christmas, waiting on my Grom...

I'd guess several of you are familiar with what I do, but for those who aren't, here's the short version...

My name is Greg, and I've been addicted to all forms of motorsport for several decades now. I've owned every form of motorcycle at one point or another, but have found recently that there's a certain pureness in the small bore stuff. In the big bike world, I'm currently on a Triumph Thruxton. In the dirt, a Husqvarna, but most the time, the Ruckus.

From a business standpoint, 15 years ago, while living all things JetSki, I started making some parts for the largest freestyle shop in the world, Blowsion. The intent was to make some fun money to blow on toys. At some point, skis left me and the Ruckus came in, so the same thing went on. I designed parts that were fresh and that I wanted myself, again with the idea of making a few bucks here and there for kicks. Then it took off on it's on, and I found I was losing money going to work (14 years as a health inspector), so full time Ruckus man it was. www.mnnthbx.com To date it's been a success larger than I would have ever dreamed.

I work VERY hard at it, but it's rewarding on many levels. I'm the biggest perfectionist there is. My products reflect that, but more importantly, the reputation I've earned does as well. I cut no corners, and won't accept anything but the best. Often that means large investments on my end to bring Top Shelf parts to the table, but that's offset by the fact I sell direct and don't build in profit margins for distribution. In hindsight, it's a horrible business model, and it seems I work myself to death, but it's all good in the end.

As for this Grom... I plan on taking the same road. Of everything I stand for, perhaps I'm most proud of my belief in never copying, only innovating. I'm not sure how that will work out this time around, as no doubt there will be vendors coming out of the woodwork with parts. Many obviously will be similar, and that's the nature of so many working their own vision while everyone else does the same, all at the same time. I'll not sweat it too much, as my quality will stand for itself. I do look forward to seeing what others do however, because again, I'm an enthusiast first, and I end up wanting to buy some of that stuff.

I won't get into what I have planned, because that seems premature months before having a bike in hand (I have four coming though :smile:). I will touch on philosophy however... I tend favor designs and pieces that just make good sense. Everything cool, none of it too far out of the common man's reach. The Ruckus (to me) is all about show, where as the Grom (to me) is all about a goon bike meant to be ridden hard. I live a very short ride from Deal's Gap / "the dragon", and can't get past the idea tha this might just be a twisties weapon, so what I do won't stray far from race setting function. Others will bring Sema radical styling, and that's awesome, I just don't think that will be the angle I personally pursue...

Anyway, great to be on board, and thank you all for your interest and support in what may come.

Greg

·
Registered
677 Posts
Yes yes yes yes yes! So excited to have a guy like you on board. Hopefully the grom parts will also get killer names like the ruck parts do. Lol. And for the people who don't know about you, literally every part you make is SWEET and completely original. Tons of time and effort goes into every piece, and it really does show. Great priced parts, and super super high quality.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah I've ordered a dingleberry and turtlehead from Greg in the past, and the craftsmanship is impressive. Keep up the good work!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts