Honda Grom banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Vendor
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Back in stock! Of note, I have a few raw pieces in house. That won't be a normal offering, and isn't listed on the site, but if interested, I can sell them a few bucks cheaper. Just use the contact form at MNNTHBX - Enter

·
Registered
421 Posts
Any chance of getting some made that fit the Kitaco crankcase cover? Its either that or cut mine...

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Any chance of getting some made that fit the Kitaco crankcase cover? Its either that or cut mine...
sent an inquiry not to long ago and they said they're too busy with other projects which is understandable. i'll probably dremmel a notch on mine or have it machined.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Oh well. It's gonna take quite a bit of machining to get the plate to fit. I'll just take my time...

·
Registered
203 Posts
Did anyone put longer bolts in for this application? Seems like they need about a quarter inch more bolt. Or is it just me?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone put longer bolts in for this application? Seems like they need about a quarter inch more bolt. Or is it just me?
I am in the same boat. I installed mine and after riding for a bit had oil leaking from around one of the bolt holes. I took it back off drove around and no more leak. So i think i'm going to get some longer bolts and hopefully it fixes the issue.

·
Vendor
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
We've installed A LOT of these, and have never had or heard of any form of installment / usage problems. Please contact us directly if you're having issue.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
One guy on the UK FB page had the same issue. He tried to tighten it more and pulled the first couple of rings of thread out the engine trying to stop it leaking.

Come on mnnthbx , it's not big engineering to consider that if you put a 5mm (?) thick plate under a screw then the screw needs to be an equal amount longer. It'll cost you pennies to include a couple of longer screws with each kit.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts