Honda Grom banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at my bike after my ride today and notice what could be a bolt that fell off the engine or its missing by design. Does anyoone have this on there engine? Its on the right side about 2 inches left and 2 inches down from the spark plug

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Your missing the optional "TURBO" screw mount or was it the "WARP SPeed". Just kidding, Anyways is perfectly normal. If you look under the bike their are some bolt missing too. Don't worry its all good. I should be worrying about that police officer behind you with the RED lights on. He just wants to check out your GROM. Enjoy:wink:

·
Registered
942 Posts
thats for the thai under cowl/ belly pan. they were just planning ahead. the the bigger ones underneath is for the skid plate. jus guessing.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The larger holes in a rectangular pattern are/were for the tube frame that mounted the foot pegs from the 60's onward.

This engine is old, simplistic technology. The only thing that's new in a dog's age is the fuel injection. Even that's not remotely complicated.

·
Registered
942 Posts
The larger holes in a rectangular pattern are/were for the tube frame that mounted the foot pegs from the 60's onward.

This engine is old, simplistic technology. The only thing that's new in a dog's age is the fuel injection. Even that's not remotely complicated.
do you know which pegs? model year? that would be interesting to mount, an get rid of the whole rear set.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Any z50, ct70, st90, or modern pit bike has this setup.

Problem I see is finding a location for the rear master cylinder. Those bikes they have bosses welded to the frame... right where our exhaust is.

Other than that, its a matter of getting the proper shifter arm and brake lever and you'd be set.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Any z50, ct70, st90, or modern pit bike has this setup.

Problem I see is finding a location for the rear master cylinder. Those bikes they have bosses welded to the frame... right where our exhaust is.

Other than that, its a matter of getting the proper shifter arm and brake lever and you'd be set.
oh yea, too much work. i was also thinking of maybe making some kind of brace/cross bars so could use the dirtbike stand. jus a square flat surface so the stand could sit nicely. or actually even jus frame slider looking bases on all for that are the same length would work. would just be hard cause there will be so much variations in exhaust bends for the cross bar/brace.

·
Registered
69 Posts
On the clutch side by your foot?

That's the cast in boss for a kick starter.
Nope. There's one on the right side just below the dipstick. I held the dipstick on the outside and compared it's length to the cast circle and it appears to be exactly where needed to be for a window check. I bet we see it on the 2016 models as an 'improvement'.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Yup. That's where the kick starter goes on the dirt bikes.

This is the, i believe, Daytona style clutch cover I'd like to have. It has a built in oil filer section AND a sight glass for oil level.

Though I'm sure OE unit "could" be machined as such to incorporate a sight glass.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Nope. There's one on the right side just below the dipstick. I held the dipstick on the outside and compared it's length to the cast circle and it appears to be exactly where needed to be for a window check. I bet we see it on the 2016 models as an 'improvement'.
lol... for a good 10 secs i tried looking at that tring to adjust for glare blocking the non existant site glass. then i jus unscrewed the oil fill plug an was like. fkn dumbass to my self out loud... lol...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yup. That's where the kick starter goes on the dirt bikes.

This is the, i believe, Daytona style clutch cover I'd like to have. It has a built in oil filer section AND a sight glass for oil level.

Though I'm sure OE unit "could" be machined as such to incorporate a sight glass.
You are correct. Now I see.

Could this be used in the future as a window check?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Don't see why not.

But arbitrarily machining a sight glass is no guarantee.
You'd have to reinstall, fill with oil, THEN mark the oil level for assurance.
But a prototype could be a small $$$ maker for those that have trouble with the little level "tit."

1 - 16 of 16 Posts