Honda Grom banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight now that I have your attention. Yes I am a midget lol. I raced supermini motocross growing up. I’m not a stranger to bikes. But I’m 24 now and want something to cruise around on. I can tip toe a 25” seat height. Is there anyway I could get a grom low enough without sacrificing handling??

·
Registered
68 Posts
Reduce the seat foam.
Have you tried sitting on one with no seat on it to see that even works.

·
Registered
86 Posts
seat height is 30", so you aren't getting it down to 24 or 25 without lowering the bike. Lowering it will affect the handling, but not as much as stretching it. I would check with those who have lowered a grom to see how low the seat can be. Most people who lower the groms also stretch them, so it might be hard to find someone who can tell you the lowest seat height without using a stretch kit.

Good luck.

·
Registered
854 Posts
On my DRZ400SM my feet wouldn't touch the ground and I kept tipping over when stopping. So I lowered it for more comfortable riding.

If you lower your Grom you want it to be BOTH front and rear to retain the fork angle. While making the angle more relaxed by only lowering the rear only makes the bike turn more slowly, making it steeper reduces trail which can be "death wobble" dangerous. On this bike I lowered it front and rear by sliding the forks up in the triple tree and adjustable lowering links on the rear. On the grom a shorter rear shock would lower the back, and I don't know about the forks, maybe shorter stiffer springs. Someone else here might know about that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On my DRZ400SM my feet wouldn't touch the ground and I kept tipping over when stopping. So I lowered it for more comfortable riding.

View attachment 86228

If you lower your Grom you want it to be BOTH front and rear to retain the fork angle. While making the angle more relaxed by only lowering the rear only makes the bike turn more slowly, making it steeper reduces trail which can be "death wobble" dangerous. On this bike I lowered it front and rear by sliding the forks up in the triple tree and adjustable lowering links on the rear. On the grom a shorter rear shock would lower the back, and I don't know about the forks, maybe shorter stiffer springs. Someone else here might know about that.
Thanks for the help. Greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
13 Posts
How short are you though? I'm 5'4" which is not midget but the grom is by far the easiest bike I've ridden height wise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How short are you though? I'm 5'4" which is not midget but the grom is by far the easiest bike I've ridden height wise.
I’m 4’6” lol. So you almost have a whole foot on me. Do you have yours lowered any?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts