Honda Grom banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you riding on Michelin tires. What kind of tire life have you gotten out of them from normal everyday commuting?

I'm currently riding on Dunlop TT93s at 26psi for commuting. I would estimate that I rode the dunlops about 1k-2k miles and the rear tire is already nearing the tire tread depth replacement.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Uh, way more life than that. I think I've gotten at least 5k on mine. Rear is starting to get close, but still has life left

·
Registered
300 Posts
Uh, way more life than that. I think I've gotten at least 5k on mine. Rear is starting to get close, but still has life left
Good to hear as I just put a set on last night. Only got 2600 out of the OEM rear.

·
Registered
56 Posts
i think a lot of tire wear depends on the rider. though 2600 and and 1-2k seems really low mileage... I bought mine with 1700 miles I'm assuming the guy put on the power pures when he bought it.. because the rear was already halfway worn down. I think I replaced it around 5k-6k I currently have around 10k or a little less on mine and the rear tire still looks brand new.. I know for sure the guy before was riding it a lot in the dirt also.. when I took off the safety cover for the chain he had like 2-3" of oil dirt clogged up in it.. and tons of old mud all up in the bike ect . so not sure if that affected it also. I would say though to keep your old back tires... you can always pick up a extra rim later and use the old tires for your burnouts ect.. so you don't waste your new tires.. the one good thing the grom tires are actually semi cheap. even for the brand name ones.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts