Honda Grom banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I checked the balance on the front. It didn't need weight. Check my build thread. The SC2's make it steer a bit quicker. Not like that matters but they heat up under normal riding on a cool ish day. Much better than the vee rubber. I'm confident I won't over ride these tires on the street.

·
Registered
186 Posts
If you think it feels good now try putting some Ride on tire secant and balancer in it, it will allow you to run with No wheel weights....no joke, I'm not bullshiting . Check you tube for there videos ,thers all kinds of people talking about there own results. It pretty damn impressive.

Ride on tire sealant and balancer You tube

·
Registered
674 Posts
Does anyone know how these perform in wet situations? I doubt between these and the City Grips from Michelin too, because belgium has lots of rain...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Does anyone know how these perform in wet situations? I doubt between these and the City Grips from Michelin too, because belgium has lots of rain...

They handle decent enough in the wet. They met my expectations. Waaaaay better than the nylon stockers. If you've ridden Michelin before, the compound and tread pattern is very familiar. I wouldn't try to drop a knee on cobblestone in the wet on them or anything. But they're comfortable at a moderate pace on wet pavement.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Once you put about 50 miles on them and they are nice and scrubbed in they are smooth!

I've grom'd off the deep end!

·
Registered
674 Posts
They handle decent enough in the wet. They met my expectations. Waaaaay better than the nylon stockers. If you've ridden Michelin before, the compound and tread pattern is very familiar. I wouldn't try to drop a knee on cobblestone in the wet on them or anything. But they're comfortable at a moderate pace on wet pavement.

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Tapatalk
thanks! dropping knees in wet conditions in traffic is not gonna happen anyway :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have been playing with tire pressure on mine and for twisties, 24-25psi feels great. I noticed a little drop in top speed but unless that is the most important thing, try a couple of different pressures and see what you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
34 Posts
My local dealer just installed my set. I went with 140 in the rear. Looks perfect. The back was perfectly balanced, but the front need 15 grams of weights.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Was any balance necessary?
I had my Michelins front and rear installed at a shop, they did the work incredibly cheap ($10/tire, worth every penny 2x over), when I asked about balance they said at this size and speed it makes no difference. I personally would prefer to have them balanced anyway, but I didn't want to start a debate over it. On a stock Grom at 55mph I'm noticing no balance issues, if you are running a BBK hitting 70mph+ on a regular basis, you should consider balancing them, otherwise it's probably not worth your time and effort.

Regarding the performance of the tire, cornering and braking are slightly improved over my stock IRC's after 7,000 miles, which are supposedly better than the Vee tires. Overall I certainly recommend the Michelins.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts