Honda Grom banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am planning on getting a grom soon, i would like to know if it will fit in my garage next to my car though..

Could someone please measure, or let me know the maximum width of the bike?
I assume this will be from the left handlebar to the right.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
as wide as the bars. i'm gonna take a pic tonight of the size of the area i'm squeezing my Grom in. you won't believe it fits in there.
I would love to see that picture! i read online that the width is 755mm is that the chassis or measured from the bars?

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I would love to see that picture! i read online that the width is 755mm is that the chassis or measured from the bars?

That is going to be the very edges of the bars or mirrors.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I don't care about the mirrors, I could replace or remove them if they would be the issue :)
End of grip to end of grip is 27.5 inches or 700 mm. So end of bar weight to end of bar weight is going to be about 740mm.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
End of grip to end of grip is 27.5 inches or 700 mm. So end of bar weight to end of bar weight is going to be about 740mm.
I assume you mean width and not weight here :D. Did you measure from grip to grip or did you find that info online?
Thanks btw!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I assume you mean width and not weight here :D. Did you measure from grip to grip or did you find that info online?
Thanks btw!
No I mean weight. At the end of the grip is a bar weight to reduce vibration. I have measured SEVERAL times end of GRIP to end of GRIP because I was looking at new handbars and I wanted to know where my hands would be compared to the factory bars. So end of GRIP to end of GRIP is 700mm. Then the end of the bars have about a .5" to .75" bar weight added to them.

Hope that makes sense.

AND

Just for you cuz I such a great guy....

Overall width of the handlebars INCLUDING the weights at the ends is 29 inches

Overall width of the outside edge of the mirrors is also 29 inches

Overall with from the outer edge of the ball of the brake lever to the same on the clutch lever is 30 inches.

All measuring in my garage by me with my tape measure.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Don't want to thread jack but since your measuring. Can you get the overall height? Need to see what I can fit it in for pickup. Thanks!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Then theres hope lol. I have a mazda premacy. I would think if i took out the middle row captain's it would fit there. Deff wont fit in the hatch sti lmao but thats a given. And I can steal my dads sinenna if necessary.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Don't want to thread jack but since your measuring. Can you get the overall height? Need to see what I can fit it in for pickup. Thanks!
39.5" to the top of my bars, 48" to the top of my mirrors

Reactions: toyotabb
1 - 16 of 16 Posts