Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in Towson and will be trying my best to start organizing rides in this area as well as surrounding area with other members. Also I'm big into Road Racing so ill be doing my best to try and get a class started if anyone else is interested.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Im interested in a group ride. Let me know when you are going to be in So. Cal. :yawn:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Sounds great for some meetups and local rides. I'm in Annapolis.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ahoy !!! MD does Crabs and Groms ?!? Montgomery county, I know I can take 193 to 450 up to Annapolis....not sure how I can get to towson area locally

·
Registered
257 Posts
Ahoy !!! MD does Crabs and Groms ?!? Montgomery county, I know I can take 193 to 450 up to Annapolis....not sure how I can get to towson area locally
Nice and I'm more than happy to also meet in the middle or toss the Grom in my Tundra and go wherever for longer trips too.

Mmmm, crabs and Groms... mummmm!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I used to run a couple of different Meetup motorcycling/scooter pages but it was way too much work once they grew past 30 riders to 80+/-. I did ask my dealer to share my email address with all new Grom owners who were interested in connecting. They can give out my info with my permission which I gave them in writing so I hope I can connect with some folks to organize a local informal group... I will just point them to this forum and we can organize rides and such here.

Is it August yet!? UGH!!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Damn, just moved from Towson 6 weeks ago. I ride (rode) with TeamPromotion all over the east coast on road circuits. Enjoy Loch Raven after the storms pass!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Roger Lyle Track Days here. Only did a few with Promo a long time ago as we'll as NESBA.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm fairly new to MD (Silver Spring). I am looking to get a Grom when it comes out but I'm assuming I need to get a motorcycle license to ride it. I Came from NC where the ruckus scene is growing and I think the Grom is going to start a new breed of riders. super stoked!

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm fairly new to MD (Silver Spring). I am looking to get a Grom when it comes out but I'm assuming I need to get a motorcycle license to ride it. I Came from NC where the ruckus scene is growing and I think the Grom is going to start a new breed of riders. super stoked!
Welcome!!

Yes you will need a M class license for the Grom. My wife and some of our friends decided to do their class through the local Harley dealer, the class was longer and around the same price. Just an idea to think about, let us know what you end up doing.

Once our Groms come in I will be setting up some rides and will post up in here.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome!!

Yes you will need a M class license for the Grom. My wife and some of our friends decided to do their class through the local Harley dealer, the class was longer and around the same price. Just an idea to think about, let us know what you end up doing.

Once our Groms come in I will be setting up some rides and will post up in here.

Thanks!

Where did you pre-order yours from? And how much did they quote you OTD?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just put my deposit down today at Ridersville Cycle in WV. I'm currently in Hagerstown and work in Frederick. In the next few months will hopefully be moving to the eastern shore (Easton area) once everything lines up.

Would be down for some rides when it comes in!

Currently have a Ninja 300, Buddy 125 and a big bore buddy-swapped Honda Metro (currenty in pieces but loved the hell out of it when it was running lol).

Ridersville sold it at MSRP, and I will be handling tax+tags myself here in MD. $2999 + $10 temp tag = $3009 OTD (will be +~$380 at the MVA). As far as I know I was first on their list for a black one.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well the time is getting near so keep an eye out here for the latest in GTG announcements.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts