Honda Grom banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Grom, Petex Jah-A headlight, Brocks performance exhaust, takegawa cam, PCV/WB2, Chimera intake
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I’m in love with my 2014 Honda Grom. The person I purchased it off of had boughten it brand new from a dealership, pimped it out, clocked 270 miles on it and decided to sell it! Super nice dude, anyways. I have absolutely no clue how to tighten a chain, where the drain bolt is for the oil, etc. just general maintenance, any tips??? Please help! If anyone wants to see it/the list of aftermarket parts feel free to ask. Thanks!

·
Registered
2014 Grom, Petex Jah-A headlight, Brocks performance exhaust, takegawa cam, PCV/WB2, Chimera intake
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I did just buy a univeral socket thingy for all of the bolts, instead of going out and buying a few different sizes.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Post some pics!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Download the service manual and eventually the owners manual if you don't already have it.
It's basically all in there. Where, how, tools needed, torque specs, etc... (y)

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,495 Posts
Keep the chain clean and lubed, and the oil checked. Lots of videos on youtube.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Please get friendly with your local dealer. Especially if the motor is modded....

Read the owners manual front to back, then reread it. Lots of basic info there.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Pull your plug and check to make sure it is not lean.

Then do not touch it with a wrench, except to mess with the chain and oil changes.

You have a highly modded machine, and they can be ticking time bomb in inexperienced hands. Make sure your air\fuel ratio is below 12.8 at wide open and tapering down to 14ish at idle.

Keep the oil fresh. Change it every 800-1K miles.

You do not have an oil cooler listed. Watch the temps on the Opmid. Stay under 240ish.

Cross your fingers... :eek:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Then do not touch it with a wrench, except to mess with the chain and oil changes.

You have a highly modded machine, and they can be ticking time bomb in inexperienced hands. Make sure your air\fuel ratio is below 12.8 at wide open and tapering down to 14ish at idle.

You do not have an oil cooler listed. Watch the temps on the Opmid. Stay under 240ish.

Bless your soul. I will post more photos here after my brother drives it across state to my house! Also, do you mean check my plug as in my spark plug?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Bless your soul. I will post more photos here after my brother drives it across state to my house! Also, do you mean check my plug as in my spark plug?

Correct, the spark plug.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Drive across the state? You had better let your brother know what to look out for (unless he is the owner/builder). It may not arrive under its own power (tow truck/pickup/Suv etc.)

Good luck & let us know how it turns out!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Drive across the state? You had better let your brother know what to look out for (unless he is the owner/builder). It may not arrive under its own power (tow truck/pickup/Suv etc.)

Good luck & let us know how it turns out!
He just put some tie down straps on it in the bed of his truck. All is well! I was worried about the suspension but it seems to be good. The air/fuel ratio is chillin anywhere from 15-17 at idle. Havent had the chance to peek at it while flooring it! Thanks again for your help

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Just slapped it into 4th gear!!! Its between 10 and 12.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts