Honda Grom banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it going to be easy to lower these 2-3 inches. I'd like one for my wife (and me to play on of course), but she is short. My rebel is decent height for her, but she said she felt like that was too heavy. When I told her it's one of the lightest bikes out there she was like i'm in trouble. So the grom is obviously lighter, but a little taller. I told her just wear heals whenever she rides.

·
Registered
685 Posts
You should be able to drop the forks thru the triple tree pretty easily, but it will effect the trail of the bike. The rear I really don't know.

·
Registered
677 Posts
composimo said the way the forks are designed, you wont be able to really slide them up much in the triples.

but, you should be able to install a shorter stiffer spring

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
I'm not sure about that. Take a look at the forks. The are highly tapered after they exit the upper triple clamp. The shock bolts to the swing arm so you would need a shorter shock. I think lowering a grom would be expensive and difficult. A better way to get a couple of inched may be to reshape the seat foam. We will see when the get here.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Also I think it has less than 4 inches of travel stock, so if you are shortening it up 2-3 inches you might as well have a rigid suspension.

Reactions: Highsider989

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'm curious how tall the av. Grom rider will be? I suspect under 5'8". I'm just under 5'7" but I know I'll be fine since I own a Gixxer 1000 than I can flat foot. Regarding lowering the bike. You gotta do what you gotta do. This is seldom recommended for track riding because it throws off the dynamics, but whatever you do should be ok for street riding.

·
Registered
659 Posts
It will need to be lowered for somone 4'11" for sure if they are a new rider. Just backing up or stopping on a hill might cause you to fall cause even if you can touch flat ground on your tippytoes, hills and backing out change things. If you have to lean to the left each time you stop also, eventually, your left foot will hit some loose gravel and slide out, taking you and the bike down. Make getting it lowered part of the purchase agreement. 2 inches should do it, but try sitting on it first of course.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Im not sure id go 2" full on suspension.. me personally, id drop the suspension 1" and then reshape the seat down 1"

Reactions: Philip

·
Registered
677 Posts
MAN... so many things can be said about that............ stretching...... lol

Reactions: GIXXERGUY6
1 - 14 of 14 Posts