Honda Grom banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past two weeks my grom started feeling like it’s a little low on torque in 1st gear. It’s got a yoshi exhaust and chimera intake, along with a tune. I originally thought this might be because i filled it up with 93 instead of 87, but in the last 2 days the issue has gotten worse. When engine is cold it has a hard time turning over when starting and at first runs really thumpy and low rpm as it heats up - the exhaust also pops and burbles like crazy when letting off throttle when the engine isn’t fully warmed up. The engine light blinks 7 times when starting it cold, and sometimes stays on as a solid light for a few minutes until it warms up. My biggest concern is that in the past 4 days my oil went from yellowish/green to really dark brown and foamy. If anyone’s had similar issues before I’d appreciate hearing what happened and how they fixed them. I’m wondering if this is the result of the 93 I’ve been riding on, or is this something worse like clutch? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,495 Posts
How many miles on it? Do you have a compression tester?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Is it stock? Have any mods?

Any way to monitor Engine temps?

·
Super Moderator
907 Posts
Black oil tells me you may have fried your piston rings? Might be a result of blow by.

Reactions: TOBTEK

·
Super Moderator
907 Posts
go to Harbor Freight and get a cheap compression testing kit. First thing i'd check for in this case is compression, dark oil is no bueno

Reactions: Ninelives17
1 - 7 of 7 Posts