Honda Grom banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a 2014 grom for almost 4 years and i am planning to keep it forever. we all know the stock suspension is not good enough, I think it is time to upgrade. I don’t think I ride the grom too aggressively, some twisty riding, around town and some wheelies.

The two options I am looking into is ohlins and racing bros, both ohlins and rb rear shock are adjustable; the front, rb is adjustable unlike for ohlins.

For price, the air shock from rb and the adjustable from ohlins are around $30usd difference and for the front is a round $40usd difference between both.

I never have suspension upgrade on my bikes in the past, but from research I found I am leaning towards rb front and ohlins rear. I don’t know if using two different brand of suspension is better than using the same brand.

I am hoping to get some feedback on those products from the people who owns it. Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ohlins on my Grom. Makes the bike feel solid and compliant with the road like the suspension should. I went with Ohlins because of the name brand and assurance of quality and service, but I am sure the racing bros will be fine as well.

You don't necessarily need front fork adjustability on this bike as the ohlins comes with 2 sets of springs, install the correct ones to work properly for your weight range.

After installation, the rear shock can be adjusted by someone in the know to perfectly match the action of the front for a sublime ride.

Either way, after installation, take it to a suspension tuner who will set up rear sag, rebound and compression for you in full riding gear.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have Ohlins on the bike and a RB front kit in a box. Eventually I get around to buying the rear. You'll be happy with either one... but you should be looking at the RB Shicane HLR rear shock, and not the air shock. The air cannon kit is for 'softer' bikes and scooters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts