Honda Grom banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I live in NJ and I'd really like to find a yellow Monkey for sale. I assume it will be used but as long as the mileage is low, that's fine also don't mind getting it transported.
ABS is preferable but not a requirement.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yellow only came in 2019. The new 2022 models have yellow, but I haven't actually seen any for sale in the US. Plus the 2022 yellow paint is different and the frame is black, as are the wheels. Basically, they aren't as fun looking. They look much more serious. I think ABS didn't come along till the 2021 models, so original yellow Monkeys don't have ABS.

Yellow is the unicorn. They are rare and very hard to find. If you find one within striking distance, you better jump on it. I just drove 4 hours one way to get my buddy's yellow one last weekend. A couple months ago another friend and I drove 8 hours to get him a yellow one. Be prepared to travel if you really want yellow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No clue how close you are to Mechanicsburg, PA. You want to check out Velocity Cycles. I canceled my deposit for a yellow 2022 model. Contact Chris C. Good luck. The price was $200 plus MSRP out the door.

·
Registered
19 Posts
No clue how close you are to Mechanicsburg, PA. You want to check out Velocity Cycles. I canceled my deposit for a yellow 2022 model. Contact Chris C. Good luck. The price was $200 plus MSRP out the door.
In the Pacific NW, Monkey and Grom sell for MSRP+ $200 freight + $500 set up fee + $150 doc fee + $1000 dealer mark up + tax and license.

·
Registered
97 Posts
In the Pacific NW, Monkey and Grom sell for MSRP+ $200 freight + $500 set up fee + $150 doc fee + $1000 dealer mark up + tax and license.
Yep, same in Florida. Honestly, I wouldn't buy new because of the dealer markups right now. You can get like-new ones for $3000-3500. I've never seen a beat-up Monkey. Owners tend to take very good care of them. If you are in the market, save the money and buy used.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Whats the going rate for a 2019 yellow? I own one but would never sell it. I would regret watching it leave the driveway in someone elses hands. And know id never find one again in good condition at a reasonable price.
i paid $3700 cash private sale in 11/2020, 250 miles. Has 500 now.

id assume i would be able to set the market if i were actually wanting to sell

·
Registered
97 Posts
Whats the going rate for a 2019 yellow? I own one but would never sell it. I would regret watching it leave the driveway in someone elses hands. And know id never find one again in good condition at a reasonable price.
i paid $3700 cash private sale in 11/2020, 250 miles. Has 500 now.

id assume i would be able to set the market if i were actually wanting to sell
Depends. If someone is dead-set on a yellow Monkey, they might be willing to pay more because they are rare. My buddy just got one for $3500. Someone just wanting a Monkey of any color....maybe $3000-3500.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts