Honda Grom banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I've been riding motorcycles before I was even allowed to drive a car and the bug never left me. After the birth of my son I've downgraded to a Forza 350 (first motorscooter and first bike under 750cc) since driving is limited to mostly commutes at the moment. You can't beat a motorscooter for storage and practicality but of course the fun factor took a big hit.

I'm thinking of purchasing a 2022 MSX125 or a Monkey on the side to play around with but I can't seem to make up my mind about which of the two would be the best bang for my buck. Highlikely it'll only be used for cruising, wandering about and perhaps the odd commute here and there so I'm wondering which of these two lends itself best for this? I won't have the money for upgrades for a long time and I'm not really into changing stock right now since everything here gets slapped with unholy custom fees (Europe).

Any and all advice is welcome while I browse through this lovely forum.

Hope to meet plenty of nice people on a Honda here~! ;)

·
Vendor
2,052 Posts
They're both great, and fairly similar at their core. Most will find the Monkey is more comfortable, but the biggest choice is probably the styling that speaks to you the most. Either way you go, get the new model with the five speed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're both great, and fairly similar at their core. Most will find the Monkey is more comfortable, but the biggest choice is probably the styling that speaks to you the most. Either way you go, get the new model with the five speed.
Thank you for your feedback ^__^ much appreciated. I tested both bikes (the newest Grom and the Monkey with 4 gears) and I found the Monkey more comfortable for sure but I figure a cushier seat for the Grom makes up for a lot? Both aesthetics speak to me and unfortunately I can't afford both so it's a tough nut to crack.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I own both. The 22 Grom keeps up with traffic even at 55 mph and it does it at lower rpms so it has a more big bike feel. The 20 Monkey is anemic off the line and doesn’t pull as nicely but it’s way more comfortable. It’s best for speeds around 45 mph. I ride both depending on my mood. Keep in mind I live in the south east and there aren’t many big inclines. Cheap gear swaps can fix that at the expense of a buzzy ride. Both are good choices

1 - 4 of 4 Posts