Honda Grom banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have seen bikes ridden bikes and talked bikes for awhile. Now when talking about the msx. People are saying reliable and honda all the good stuff. Now what are the thoughts other bikes you have owned. Or what not how long ideally should this bike last. Well taken care of. Just throw out your numbers or hopes your ambitions. Lets hear them

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
The way I ride and treat my bikes I would expect 50,000 miles. The chassis etc will wear out and get sloppy before the motor wears out.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here is some food for thought... when the Ruckus came to the USDM the 03-05 had Valve problems, No PCV n A limited ECU & cuz of these things also had some crank bearing failures. When 06 models came out they fixed these issues. Wonder if the USDM Grom will have these growing pains @[email protected] Honest™

·
Registered
942 Posts
Here is some food for thought... when the Ruckus came to the USDM the 03-05 had Valve problems, No PCV n A limited ECU & cuz of these things also had some crank bearing failures. When 06 models came out they fixed these issues. Wonder if the USDM Grom will have these growing pains @[email protected] Honest™
i thought i read somewhere that the grom engine is an old engine? so boo on old technology but yay for most issues are fixed?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Engine is from the wave 125 that came put in 2003, been changes over the years and upgraded to FI but they're a reliable motor and well tested.

Cylinder size yo can go up to 72mm with bored cases and there are stroker cranks that will get you up to and over 280cc

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I reject your reality and substitute my own desires. This Grom - at least the one I have a deposit on - will be the most perfect machine ever produced. :in love:

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I read a post Yuminashi wrote an said the Grom engine is updated from the Wave with roller rockers and other minor things as well as the transmission being much beefier than the Wave so it seems as though Honda has already worked out some things and like many have said its a tried and true design so a lot of the kinks have been worked out and even the pgmfi is nothing new as well

·
Registered
475 Posts
Just like cars and phones, never buy the first model of anything. I'll just have to buy another one in a few years and turn my first one into a race bike, lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts